Ref. & Instruct. Libn @ Brooklyn College
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Ref. & Instruct. Libn @ Brooklyn College
Posted: 26/Aug/2013 at 5:21pm
Job Vacancy Notice
Reference & Instruction Librarian - Specialist in Sciences (Assistant Professor)
Location: Brooklyn College
Return to Previous Page
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Library at Brooklyn College of the City University of New York seeks to appoint a tenure track as the Reference & Instruction Librarian - Specialist in Sciences reporting to the Head of Reference & Instruction and working as one of a team of ten librarians. Develops and delivers instructional programs, often incorporating new technologies. Acts as faculty liaison to selected departments in the School of Natural & Behavioral Sciences, and handles collection development for these subject areas. Maintains awareness of curricular needs, teaching approaches, and research interests of these faculty; makes recommendations to support related activities. Engages faculty in information literacy initiatives. Provides traditional and virtual reference and research assistance. Collaborates with others in identifying, designing, and introducing new information products and services. Maintains knowledge of trends in scholarly communication and works to develop and implement related initiatives, within the Library and College-wide. Library faculty within the City University of New York take active faculty roles, serving on committees and engaging in scholarly research and publication. Schedule may include weekend and evening rotations. The successful candidate will show evidence of teamwork, creativity, initiative, and flexibility. All appointments are subject to financial availability.
- ALA accredited Master's degree in Library & Information Science and second graduate degree in in Mathematics, Physics, Health Sciences, Chemistry, Kinesiology, Environmental Sciences, or other science discipline (strong preference for degree in one of the disciplines in Brooklyn College's School of Natural & Behavioral Sciences - http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/web/academics/schools/naturalsciences.php)
- Professional experience in an academic, research, medical, or large public library
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communications skills
- Experience developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Commitment to innovative and effective user-centered services
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in sciences
- Experience with information resources in the sciences
- Experience with and/or knowledge of scholarly communications issues including open access, institutional repositories, copyright and/or author rights, and bibliographic management
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Established record of scholarly publishing in Library & Information Science and/or STEM field(s)
- Experience working on department/library/college committees
- Teaching/instructional experience in an academic environment
- Experience with current web and instructional technologies
- Experience with and/or knowledge of e-science/data management issues
- Demonstrated success with scholarly research and publication process
$61,903 - $74,133; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit your application online by clicking on "Apply Now" below. Applicants should upload their cover letter, curriculum vitae, and brief writing sample in doc, pdf or rtf format.
All applicants are required to have three confidential letters of recommendation submitted electronically by their recommenders as described below.
Please go to www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/hrref/?62 and enter the contact information for three (3) recommenders. The online system will automatically send your recommenders a request to submit a letter via the system. Full instructions will be provided.
Emailed or hard copy applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact HR at 718-951-5131.
Open until filled with the review of applications to begin on October 15, 2013.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum