Lib. Operations Coord. @ Oakton Commun. College
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Lib. Operations Coord. @ Oakton Commun. College
Posted: 27/Aug/2013 at 5:01pm
Coordinator, Library Operations
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
• Continuing education
• Paid winter break
• Fridays OFF during the summer
• Exceptional benefits
Oakton is seeking an Accessibility Specialist for the Des Plaines, IL campus to:
• Manage the day-to-day operations and provide leadership by planning and organizing the operations of the Oakton Library public services program (circulation, course reserves and interlibrary loan). Collaborate with others on planning for the periodicals and cataloging areas. Provide exceptional levels of customer service to students, faculty, staff and community members.
• Maintain the library’s compliance with regional, statewide, and national consortial policies, procedures, and system update schedules. Involves regulation change dissemination and local staff training. Participate as a leader and participant in consortial training and development programs, Develop, update, and implement training materials and programs for public services staff covering the local implementation of systems and procedures according to regional, statewide, and national cooperative agreements.
• Represent the Oakton Library and participate in decision-making at appropriate regional and statewide governance meetings.
• Update online circulation and interlibrary loan systems using integrated library systems administration functions. Support the Oakton IT, Oakton Library cataloging, CARLI, and OCLC technology staff as needed for local installation of the consortial systems.
• Manage the Oakton Library systems for processing transactions, overdue problems, and online library user registration.
• Assist Library patrons with circulation, billing problems and loaned materials relating to Oakton loans/responsibilities and those with partner college libraries (CARLI).
• Manage reserve materials for classes and students.
• Manage supply inventory and coordinate reordering for library public services, reference and archives.
Produce standard and special project circulation and interlibrary loan systems reports and statistics for the systems liaison librarian and the Dean of Library and Online Learning.
• Monitor and make recommendations for the budget related to library services.
• Provide direction and procedural assistance to library users.
• Participate as a member of various College committees.
• Perform other job related duties as required.
Qualified candidates must possess a Master’s degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science; three years of experience working with library circulation, interlibrary loan, cataloging, etc.; two years of supervisory experience; excellent communication skills; ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population of students and colleagues; and ability to perform moderate physical activity including lifting up to 20 pounds. Familiarity with Voyager, OCLC resource sharing, and CARLI systems is desired.
This is a full time position that works Monday – Friday during traditional day time hours.
This position is compensated $48,184 annually.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. No person shall be subject to discrimination of any kind on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or unfavorable discharge from military service.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum