Children's Libn. II @ Boston PL
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Children's Libn. II @ Boston PL
Posted: 24/Oct/2013 at 6:22pm
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for a Children’s Librarian II position in the South Boston Branch. The successful candidate will participate in services to a diverse population characteristic of an urban setting with emphasis on service to children and to perform professional work requiring application of professional knowledge of literature, bibliographic sources and services with a concentration on children and will assist in the development, planning and implementation of the Library’s program of service to children through personal consultations, reference and readers’ advisory services, outreach and programs.
Salary: $46,273 - $62,419, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
· A master’s degree in library science from an accredited library school.
· Two years of pertinent professional library experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training sufficient to indicate ability to do the work.
· Storytelling courses and/or experience desirable.
· Extensive knowledge of children’s literature including bibliographic tools and sources pertaining to children’s literature and work; demonstrated knowledge of the techniques of programming for children; demonstrated interest in children and in library work with children; demonstrated ability and willingness to develop strong, interactive community relationships.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
· Residency – Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
· CORI – Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp
Deadline for application: October 27, 2013
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws, Equal opportunity will be afforded to all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religious creed, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, ex-offender status, prior psychiatric treatment or military status.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum