Dir. of Bridwell Art Lib. @ U. of Louisville
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Dir. of Bridwell Art Lib. @ U. of Louisville
Posted: 29/Oct/2013 at 6:56pm
The University of Louisville Libraries is looking for an energetic, creative and forward-thinking Director of the Bridwell Art Library. The successful candidate will be excited about engaging students; will use assessment data to find new ways to connect to students and fine-tune the collections; and will craft excellent services and programs that support learning, teaching, faculty research and creativity. The Director has responsibility for all aspects of management and planning for the Art Library, reports to the Dean of Libraries and serves on the Dean’s senior library administrative team.
Information on the Art Library can be found at http://louisville.edu/library/art.
Information on the University Libraries can be found at http://louisville.edu/library.
• Provide innovative leadership in the development of services to faculty, students, researchers, and the community.
• Manage day-to-day operation of the library including staffing, services, collections and facilities.
• Supervise one full time staff member and student assistants.
• Using several endowments, develop the book, journal and digital collections in studio art, art and architectural history, design, and artists’ books.
• Preserve and provide physical and electronic access to archival collections and seek opportunities to add to those collections.
• Oversee and provide general and specialized reference services to faculty, undergraduates, M.A. and Ph.D. students, as well as researchers and the community.
• Conduct assessment to improve instruction, collections, and spaces tailored to user needs.
• Engage users with content on the Art Library web pages, digital signage, blog and social media platforms.
• Promote the services and collections of the Art Library to the university and wider community and seek opportunities for partnerships.
• Work collaboratively with arts organizations in the community.
• Cultivate and provide stewardship to donors.
• Contribute to the goals and initiatives of the University Libraries through participation in strategic planning activities and collaborative work with others in the library system.
• An ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in an arts field
• Three years relevant professional experience in a research library
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Potential for satisfying the University Libraries Faculty promotion and tenure requirements (http://louisville.edu/library/jobs/guide/university-of-louisville-libraries)
• Demonstrated commitment to public service
• Knowledge of collection development practices and information resources in art and architectural history, art, and design
• Experience providing instruction to classes and individuals
• Experience providing reference services and familiarity with methods of scholarly research in art
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and build strong relationships with colleagues, students, faculty, and researchers
• Supervisory experience
• Demonstrated creativity in job performance
• Familiarity with web design and editing
• Reading or bibliographic knowledge of a second language
• Experience learning and using new types of technology
• Experience building collaborations across campus
• Membership in professional organizations such as ARLIS/NA
• Experience as embedded librarian
The initial rank and salary will depend upon experience and professional achievements. The University Libraries offer a comprehensive benefits package and annual vacation of 22 working days. Library faculty appointments are twelve month, tenure-track positions.
The University Libraries holds membership in the Association of Research Libraries. The University of Louisville (http://louisville.edu) is a Carnegie Research/High university and recipient of the Carnegie Community Engagement classification for Curricular Engagement & Outreach and Partnerships. The University has a national reputation for its high-quality undergraduate programs; over twenty nationally recognized research, graduate, and professional programs; 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students; and a strong commitment to the community in which it resides. UofL is located in the state’s largest urban area.
The city of Louisville (http://www.loukymetro.org/) offers hospitality, warmth and smaller city advantages like shorter commutes and lower cost of living alongside major city amenities like world-class performing arts, great sports, incredible dining and a nationally-acclaimed parks system. The city also has a vibrant arts scene with numerous museums, including the Speed Art Museum and the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft, and several neighborhoods with contemporary galleries and distinctive shops. Louisville was named the top U.S. travel destination for 2013 by the Lonely Planet.
Applications received by November 30, 2013 are given full consideration in the initial screening. The position will remain open until filled. Applicants must apply at https://highereddecisions.com/uofl/current_vacancies.asp and attach a CV, letter of interest detailing your familiarity, aptitude, and/or experience with the required and desired qualifications, and the name, address, phone number and e-mail address of three references.
Please direct questions to:
Head, Web Services
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
502.852.4477 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum