Branch Manager - Wichita Public Library
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Branch Manager - Wichita Public Library
Posted: 05/Nov/2013 at 12:42pm
SENIOR LIBRARIAN (BRANCH MANAGER)
CUSTOMER SERVICES DIVISION
The Wichita Public Library has an immediate opening for an energetic, service-minded branch manager responsible for the Maya Angelou Northeast and Evergreen branches in north central Wichita. This position provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Library’s Customer Service Division.
Duties of the positions include but are not limited to:
• onsite supervision and management of the assigned branch locations;
• ensuring consistent, high quality service delivery from the assigned branch locations;
• developing and overseeing programs and services in each location that meet the rapidly evolving needs of residents of community residents within the branch service areas;
• implementing activities in support of the Library’s strategic plan as it relates to service from branch locations;
• demonstrating use of process improvement techniques to provide continuous improvement as it relates to branch operations and work processes;
• resolving operational issues and customer concerns in a timely manner;
• selecting, scheduling, training, supervising and coaching staff assigned to the branch locations;
• recommend library materials collection additions to fulfill needs and expectations of branch users;
• coordinate assigned activities with other branches and sections of the Library; and
• actively participating in work of the Library’s supervisory team.
The ability to prioritize service in busy branch environments is an essential skill for this position. Outstanding communication and supervisory skill, a strong customer service commitment and competency with technologies including personal computer applications, use of integrated library systems and the ability to support public computing services are also necessary.
To be considered for the position, candidates must have an MLS degree from an ALA accredited institution plus a minimum of two years of professional library experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience is preferred. Residency within thirty minutes lawful driving time of the corporate limits of the City of Wichita will be required of the successful applicant.
The starting salary range for the position is $49,002 - $69,500, commensurate with experience. The City of Wichita provides a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and eligible dependents. Pension benefits are available through the Wichita Employee’s Retirement System, a defined benefit plan. Participation in a deferred compensation plan is available, as well as optional supplemental life and long-term disability insurance plans. Additional information about City of Wichita employee benefits may be found at: http://www.wichita.gov/Government/Departments/HR/Pages/PayBenefits.aspx
Applications must be submitted online through http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wichita/default.cfm
Candidate qualifications for this position will be determined on the basis of the information presented in the online applications. Applications will be accepted until 3:00 p.m., Friday, November 29, 2013.
The Wichita Public Library is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer which actively seeks and encourages applications from minority candidates. For more information, please visit http://www.wichita.gov/Government/Departments/HR/Pages/default.aspx
Interim Customer Services Manager
Wichita Public Library
223 S. Main St.
Wichita, KS 67202
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum