Coord. of Digital Curric. Reserve & Media @ UMass
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Coord. of Digital Curric. Reserve & Media @ UMass
Posted: 20/Nov/2013 at 4:52pm
Please post as appropriate.
Coordinator of Digital Curriculum Reserve and Media (R46429)
The University of Massachusetts Amherst seeks candidates for the position of Coordinator of Digital Curriculum Reserve and Media. As the largest public academic research library in Massachusetts, we are a key partner in teaching, learning, and research at UMass Amherst and in the Commonwealth. By combining the latest information technology with excellent public service, the staff builds and maintains a rich information environment, facilitates access to it, and creates a place that functions as a hub of campus and community scholarly activity. The Coordinator of Digital Curriculum Reserve and Media will supervise and direct the ongoing activities of the subunit and promote the transformation of print/hard copy based services and processes to digitally delivered curriculum support. Coordinate staff schedules and assignments, interpret policies and procedures, resolve problems, manage copyright permissions and maintain user satisfaction in the Circulation/Reserves unit of the Access Services Department.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field and a minimum one year of library experience.
2. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite products and Adobe Acrobat.
3. Demonstrated supervisory leadership skills and experience evaluating and mentoring employees.
4. Ability to foster a collegial work environment that encourages change and innovation. Ability to interact effectively and work productively, collegially, cooperatively and collaboratively in planning, organizing and supervising the work of others.
5. Ability to analyze work processes and plan for applications of technology; and ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a changing environment.
6. Ability and willingness to lead in an ever changing work environment.
7. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
8. Familiarity with library automated systems preferably Ex Libris’ Aleph and Atlas' ARES E-Reserves system, preferred.
9. Familiarity with academic Learning Management Systems such as Moodle.
10. Familiarity with Web content management systems such as Silverstripe.
11. Familiarity with screen casting software (such as Camtasia) and principles of video tutorial design preferred.
12. Familiarity with the concepts, applications and best practices of academic fair use for class curriculum support.
13. Reading knowledge of at least one foreign language preferred.
The University of Massachusetts is strongly committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. As part of a commitment to its own multicultural community, the Library seeks an individual with a demonstrated commitment to diversity and one who will understand and embrace University initiatives and aspirations.
Hiring Salary Range: $37,300-$46,700; Normal Starting Salary Range: $37,300 – 42,000.
APPLICATIONS: Preference will be given to applications received by December 6, 2013. Applications must be submitted electronically at http://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=44443. Please submit a letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references (who will not be contacted without permission).
For information about the University and the Library, and a copy of the official job description, see our web site: http://www.library.umass.edu/jobs
The University of Massachusetts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Al Milo, Coordinator
REFORMA Online Forum firstname.lastname@example.org
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum