Sci. Libn. for Ctr. for Hierarch. Mfg. @ UMass
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Sci. Libn. for Ctr. for Hierarch. Mfg. @ UMass
Posted: 20/Nov/2013 at 4:57pm
Please post as appropriate. Thanks.
Science Librarian for the Center for Hierarchical Manufacturing
Librarian I or II for two year grant funded project (continuation of appointment contingent on funding)
The University of Massachusetts Amherst seeks an enthusiastic Science Librarian for the Center for Hierarchical Manufacturing who will help support new initiatives at the University of Massachusetts Amherst campus. The successful candidate will join a team of librarians seeking innovative ways to engage and work with campus researchers. As the largest public academic research library in Massachusetts, we are a key partner in teaching, learning, and research at UMass Amherst and in the Commonwealth. By combining the latest information technology with excellent public service, the staff builds and maintains a rich information environment, facilitates access to it, and creates a place that functions as a hub of campus and community scholarly activity. The Science Librarian for the Center for Hierarchical Manufacturing will design and maintain a digital library for nanomanufacturing (InterNano), progressively advance the project and develop InterNano, keep on the leading edge of InterNano utility, and serve as primary planner of Nanoinformatics workshops under a National Science Foundation grant.
1. Master’s degree in library science – or equivalent degree - from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or its equivalent in librarianship from another country, or have appropriate equivalent experience.
2. Familiarity with digital library and scholarly communication software, tools, and trends.
3. Working knowledge of library metadata standards such as Dublin Core.
4. Demonstrated successful project management experience, managing a project from inception to completion.
5. Ability to organize work, to develop effective work processes, assess work priorities, and work independently.
6. Demonstrated high level of written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly in presentations.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to foster a collegial work environment that encourages change and innovation. Ability to interact effectively and work productively, cooperatively and collaboratively with a variety of individuals and groups in a complex and rapidly-changing environment.
8. Ability to work a schedule which includes occasional evening and weekend hours required.
9. Educational background in the sciences and/or engineering; experience working in an academic or special library; familiarity with emerging scientific fields, including nanotechnology; supervisory, management and leadership skills and experience preferred.
10. Working knowledge of software such as Drupal, Joomla!, EPrints, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
11. Demonstrated successful experience in Web design and management preferred.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH ADVERTISED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATIONS: Preference will be given to applications received by December 6, 2013. Please apply online at http://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=42507.
For information about the University and the Library, and a copy of the official job description, see our web site: http://www.library.umass.edu/jobs
The University of Massachusetts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum