Ref. Libns. (3) @ Portland Comm. College Lib.
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Ref. Libns. (3) @ Portland Comm. College Lib.
Posted: 30/Jan/2014 at 1:06am
Portland Community College Library has openings for three (3) full time Reference Librarians.
Locations: Sylvania and Southeast Campuses
Librarian Job Duties Include:
Be responsible for providing library services such as staffing the
Research Help Desk, providing chat and email research support,
collaborating with instructional faculty to create customized one-time
- Serve as a liaison to one or more Subject Area Committees (SACS).
- Participate in library, campus and, district committees.
- Provide research assistance for the college upon request.
- Participate in Library SAC and engage in SAC-related assessment activities.
- Be responsible for one or more collection areas.
- Instruct groups and individuals in effective use of library resources and research tools.
- Participate in an array of library initiatives
MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited library school or foreign equivalent, plus one year's teaching experience.
Demonstrated experience working effectively with faculty members in
multiple disciplines to: create, develop and deliver course-specific
research instruction using a variety of presentation and teaching
modalities (e.g., face-to-face, online.)
Demonstrated ability to teach students, individually and in classroom
settings, whose learning styles, levels of academic preparedness, and
backgrounds vary greatly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and their application to an academic library.
Knowledge of and experience in developing and maintaining library
collections in a discipline, including: analyzing current holdings,
identifying gaps in a collection, and working with members of the
college community to optimally develop the collection.
Demonstrated ability to contribute positively to a collegial
environment based on mutual respect, commitment to public service, open
communication and cooperation within complex organizations (e.g., a
multi-campus setting, geographically-distributed entity, or online
Evidence of professional commitment through research and/or
professional service, and to a praxis of ongoing learning and
- Demonstrated success in leading user-centered development and delivery of responsive services.
-Demonstrated commitment to diversity, with experience in teaching students from diverse backgrounds.
in engaging in a cycle of assessment, including: goal setting ,
articulating criteria for evaluation, gathering data, analysing results
and responding to results.
To apply for this position you must submit:
1) Completed online application (please be sure to include complete employment history in either the application or resume/vita)
Cover letter specifically stating how you meet each of the
qualifications for the position, including preferred qualifications.
3) Current Resume/Vita (Attach document)*
When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to
attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft
Word" or ".pdf" formats.
*Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
For best consideration, apply by February 17th, 2014. Recruitment will close as soon as a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Sr Office Asst
Portland Community College|Library
Phone: 971-722-4498| Fax: 971-722-8398
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum