Info. Literacy Libn. @ Davidson College
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Info. Literacy Libn. @ Davidson College
Posted: 05/Feb/2014 at 6:40pm
Information Literacy Librarian
Do you have a passion for teaching? Do you enjoy working with students and faculty? Help us enhance our information literacy program and teach our outstanding students in class and one-on-one.
The Davidson College Library is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and innovative entry-level librarian to join our team of information literacy librarians. Davidson provides all of the benefits of a small college environment along with information resources that are more commonly found in larger institutions. Your colleagues mentor you in your growth, and the library offers a commitment to and support for professional development.
· Teach course-integrated and stand-alone information literacy sessions in all subjects and disciplines taught at the college.
· Provide research assistance to students and faculty both individually and in groups, including some evening and weekend shifts (in rotation with other librarians).
· Coordinate virtual instruction and assessment with participation from other librarians.
· Participate in department, library, and college programs and initiatives.
· Other duties as assigned.
· MLS from an ALA-accredited program
· Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of information literacy
· Teaching or reference experience
· Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collegially and collaboratively
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Direct familiarity with the workings of an academic library
· Commitment to a liberal arts college environment
· Experience with or knowledge of educational assessment and data collection and analysis
· Experience working with diverse groups
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The anticipated start date is early summer 2014. Review of applications will begin on February 10, 2014. The position is open until filled. Finalists will be asked to teach a sample information literacy lesson during an on-campus interview.
To apply: visit https://jobs.davidson.edu. Please include:
· Cover letter
· One-page statement of your philosophy of information literacy instruction, including how it relates to liberal arts colleges
· Names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three references
Davidson College is a highly selective, private liberal arts college with 1,900 students and approximately 700 faculty and staff and is widely regarded as one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country. Located in historic, charming Davidson, NC, 19 miles north of Charlotte, the college enjoys an ideal location two hours from the mountains and four hours from the ocean.
Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity and welcomes applications from members of minority groups and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college’s mission.
Assistant Director for Information Literacy
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum