Librarian II @ Austin Public Library
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Librarian II @ Austin Public Library
Posted: 05/Feb/2014 at 6:58pm
The City of Austin, TX is currently accepting applications for Librarian II. Deadline is 2/28/14.
Applications accepted online at www.austincityjobs.org.
FLSA: Class Code: Approved:
October 24, 1997
EEO Category: Salary Grade: Last Revised:
(20) Professionals NA3
May 20, 2013
City of Austin - JOB DESCRIPTION
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Under general direction, serves as team leader for clerical/circulation or technical staff in a branch of the Austin Public Library.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Assists staff and public with use of electronic information sources, software, internet and research databases.
2. Provides assistance/instruction on use of library facilities and resources.
3. Develops and evaluates collections of library materials and selects appropriate materials for assigned collection. 4. Acquires, maintains, and assesses assigned collection.
5. Generates reports and statistics on programming, funding and collection.
6. Provides direct reference services to customers.
7. Uses personal computer to perform a variety of circulation or collection-related duties.
8. Compiles bibliographies and user guides. Performs original and edit cataloging.
9. Resolves cataloging problems and maintains online public catalog.
10. Appraises, organizes and processes special archival collections. Provides basic conservation of materials.
11. Conducts meetings, training sessions and public programs.
12. Schedules, coordinates and promotes library programming for assigned group.
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
May lead others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of money handling and accounting practices.
Knowledge of books, electronic databases, internet resources, bibliographies and reference materials.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in using computers and related software.
Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Skill in planning and organizing.
Skill in reviewing material to insure accuracy, completeness and adherence to established formats and procedures. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employees and the public.
Ability to stay current on archive issues and trends.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited university plus two (2) years experience as a professional librarian.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
May require a valid operator's license and the use of a personal vehicle.
Must be able to stoop bend, walk, and reach heights of six (6) feet.
Must be able to lift or pull book bags and equipment up to fifty (50) pounds. Must be able to push loaded book truck up to three hundred (300) pounds. Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard.
￼￼￼￼￼￼This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum