Managing Libn. @ Austin Public Library
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Managing Libn. @ Austin Public Library
Posted: 11/Mar/2014 at 5:26pm
Southeast Austin Community Branch
5803 Nuckols Crossing Rd.
Job Title: Managing Librarian
Are you up for the challenge and rewards of working in a community in which 70 percent of residents speak a language other than English at home? Austin Public Library is looking for a forward-thinking, creative, and compassionate librarian to lead a staff of five at the Southeast Austin Community Branch and to be a catalyst for positive change in the lives of its users. The Southeast Community Branch is located in the Dove Springs neighborhood. Dove Springs shifted from being about 45% Hispanic in 1990 to almost 80% by 2000. The neighborhood has been a focus for the City of Austin’s efforts on assuring that communities have access to healthy food and activities as well as access to City resources for Spanish-speakers and for new Americans. The Branch is located across the street from Mendez Middle School, and the Branch is a focus for area families and children. Its services, especially those geared toward early literacy, are strongly used and supported by the community.
Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited university, plus four (4) years as a professional librarian, two (2) years of which as a lead or supervisor.
Licenses or Certifications:
May require a valid operator’s license and the use of a personal vehicle.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, walk, and reach heights of up to six (6) feet.
• Must be able to lift or pull book bags and equipment up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Must be able to push loaded book truck up to three hundred (300) pounds.
• Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard.
• Spanish fluency.
• Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of public librarianship.
• Critical thinking and effective analytic skills, including the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects, and adaptability to changing priorities to meet the needs of the Library.
• Experience working with diverse populations. Must demonstrate sensitivity to, and knowledge of, a diverse work force and community.
• Principles and practices of supervision, training and personnel management – Proven experience in managing a successful and collaborative team.
• Self-motivated and Self-directed.
• Communicates effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to interpret and apply City and department policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Hours: Branch is open Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Saturdays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Position requires some evenings and weekends
Pay Range: $23.84 – $31.00
Close Date: Open until filled.
For more information and to apply, please visit us at: www.austincityjobs.org
Edited by al.milo - 12/Mar/2014 at 4:36pm
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum