Special Asst. to the Dean @ U. of Arizona Libs.
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Special Asst. to the Dean @ U. of Arizona Libs.
Posted: 19/Mar/2014 at 7:37pm
THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
POSITION TITLE: Special Assistant to the Dean
DEPT./TEAM: University Libraries
CLASS: Appointed: Professional
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week)
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm; occasional evening and weekend hours
The Special Assistant to the Dean conducts background research and prepares written material, speeches, reports, research papers, presentation materials and other written documents for meetings addressing a wide range of administrative and student issues. The Special Assistant also leads assignments or projects as assigned, and coordinates planning of special events and presentations as directed by the dean. A strong candidate must demonstrate excellent organizational and critical thinking skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment where ambiguity and deadline pressures are common and collaborating as a team is expected. The successful candidate will have outstanding written and oral communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares complex correspondence, speeches, reports, research papers, presentation materials, award nominations and other written documents.
2. Performs research, compiles, analyzes and disseminates data for reports.
3. Gathers data and writes the Libraries’ annual reports and student fee reports.
4. Coordinates planning of special events and presentations.
5. Prepares briefing books and informational literature on the University Libraries targeted for specific audiences and purposes working with the Development Officer and the Marketing and Public Relations group.
6. Assumes leadership role on special assignments including organization and coordination of projects.
7. Monitors local and national publications for information and library trends.
8. Assists the dean in developing community and campus partners for library projects.
9. Fulfills other projects as requested by the dean.
10. Supervises two office staff.
ARIZONA BOARD OF REGENTS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Not applicable for this position.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Strong knowledge of or experience in academic libraries.
Excellent skills in writing, editing and communicating.
Exceptional organizational skills required to handle multiple time-sensitive responsibilities, set priorities independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
· Master’s degree in Library Science.
Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues.
Proven ability to meet deadlines.
Experience in drafting and designing materials for different audiences and purposes.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and administrators.
Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Demonstrated understanding of issues in academic librarianship, including collections, space, budgeting and scholarly communications.
DOE annually plus outstanding UA benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances; state/optional retirement and pre-tax savings programs; university tuition reduction for employee and qualified family members at UA/ASU/NAU; paid holidays, vacation, sick and professional leave; child care and other life/work resources; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more.
OPENED: 3/19/14; CLOSES: OPEN UNTIL FILLED; FIRST REVIEW DATE: 4/11/14.
HOW TO APPLY:
Go to The University of Arizona’s Career Track application system at http://www.uacareertrack.com/ and search for Job #54773. Completely fill out an appointed application, and be prepared to include contact information for 3 supervisors and attach a resume and letter of interest where indicated. The letter of interest should illustrate how your qualifications and experience are fitting to this position. Application materials mailed/emailed to the department will not be accepted. For technical questions regarding UA CareerTrack system contact: 520-621-3662; TDD 621-8299 (M-F 8-5). The UA conducts pre-employment screenings for all positions, including work history, academic, criminal and driver’s license checks.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University of Arizona recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. The University of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer-M/W/D/V.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum