Digital Scholarship Libn.@ U. of No. Iowa
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Digital Scholarship Libn.@ U. of No. Iowa
Posted: 14/May/2014 at 8:10pm
Position Announcement – Digital Scholarship Librarian - Rod Library - University of Northern Iowa
Rod Library at the University of Northern Iowa seeks an innovative, self-motivated individual to serve in a newly created tenure-track position as the manager of an institutional repository being implemented at the University in 2014/2015. In addition, the individual will coordinate education and outreach for scholarly communication across campus.
This is a tenure-track position. Participation in library committees and professional associations is expected, as is ongoing research, scholarship, and/or creative work.
● Builds and promotes the Institutional Repository (IR), recruiting content providers from among University faculty, staff, and students
● Manages the daily operation of the IR, including configuring IR software, adding and editing content, creating metadata, analyzing usage data, training other library staff in IR functions, developing workflows
● Maintains awareness of international and national standards for institutional repositories and metadata; recommends enhancements in software
● Coordinates and provides training in support of the IR on campus
● Creates and updates IR policies, procedures, and other necessary documentation
● Works with appropriate parties and staff to maintain and develop new functionality for the IR
● Participates in the overall management of Rod Library digital collections
● Provides leadership in the adoption of best practices for repositories in copyright and scholarly communication
● Develops, implements, and maintains the Library’s scholarly communication programs and initiatives, including serving on the Library’s Scholarly Communications Committee
● Works with Library colleagues to develop education and outreach activities related to scholarly communication
● Advocates new and emerging practices in scholarly communication
● Advises and educates the campus community about authors’ rights, faculty use of copyrighted materials, open access, and publishing trends
● Participates in appropriate professional associations and builds cooperative working relationships with other regional libraries
● Serves on library, university, and professional committees
● Engages in research, scholarship, and/or creative work
● Performs other duties as assigned
Reports to: Head of Library Information Technologies and the Head of Collections and Museums
ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science or international equivalent; second graduate degree; familiarity with current trends and emerging issues regarding copyright, open access and scholarly communication; knowledge of current metadata schemas, standards, and digital content management systems; excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; academic library work experience.
Experience working directly with faculty in a university environment; previous experience working with digitization and/or archival documents; project management experience in a collaborative environment; experience with digital publishing tools, such as Digital Commons, CONTENTdm, Open Journal Systems, DSpace, and Fedora.
Pre-employment background checks are required. To apply, visit http://jobs.uni.edu/faculty/view/50482. Applicants will need to submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications received by June 9, 2014 will be given full consideration. Expected start date August 18, 2014. For more information, contact Ellen Neuhaus, Search Committee Co-chair, at Ellen.Neuhaus@uni.edu or by phone at (319) 273-3739. For information about Rod Library, visit http://www.library.uni.edu.
UNI actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University encourages applications from persons of color, women, and individuals living with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.
UNI is a smoke- free campus.
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
|Quote Reply Posted: 16/Jun/2014 at 7:11pm|
Full consideration date for this position has been extended until July 11, 2014.
Al Milo, Coordinator
REFORMA Online Forum email@example.com
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum