Sr. Community Lib. Mgr. @ Contra Costa Co. Lib.
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Sr. Community Lib. Mgr. @ Contra Costa Co. Lib.
Posted: 03/Jun/2014 at 6:51pm
Contra Costa County is now accepting applications for the position of Senior Community Library Manager.
Final filing date is Monday, June 16, 2014.
COUNTY OF CONTRA COSTA - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Department of Human Resources, 651 Pine Street, 2nd Floor, Martinez, CA 94553 (925) 335-1700
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF Senior Community Library Manager
SALARY: $5,587.77 - $7,135.81 /Month
ISSUE DATE: 05/27/14
FINAL FILING DATE: 06/16/14
The Contra Costa County Library is seeking qualified individuals to fill the position of Senior Community Library Manager. Presently, there are three (3) full time (40/40) vacancies that include one vacancy in Antioch, California that will oversee the Antioch and Prewett Community Libraries and one vacancy in Pittsburg, California that will oversee the Pittsburg and Bay Point Community Libraries.
The County Library operates twenty-six (26) community libraries within a 750 square mile area and serves close to 1 million urban, suburban and rural patrons with an annual circulation exceeding 7.4 million.
Incumbents are responsible for day-to-day administration and operation of a community library. This includes responsibility for the supervision of subordinate personnel; development of material collections appropriate for the community served by the library; development and implementation of a plan of service; recommendations to County Library Administration regarding community needs and improvements in library service patterns; and the establishment and maintenance of direct liaison between the community library, city, school district, Library Friends, and local groups to encourage good community relations.
The employment list established from this examination will remain in effect for a period of twelve months.
Plan, organize and manage the activities of a community library ; ensure the efficient and effective delivery of high quality library services to the general public
Plan, develop and implement community library goals, objectives, policies and procedures that reflect the County Library's mission and services
Act autonomously to develop and maintain relationships with City leaders, community organizations, local businesses, schools, service clubs and "Friends of the Library" organizations, and make presentations to these organizations.
Collaborate with City staff in the planning and development of library programs and services
Plan and prepare the community library's budgetary needs; develop budget justification for staffing, service and materials; monitor and reconcile financial resources for county and city, grants, and donations from community organizations, businesses and library friends/foundation organizations
Manage professional level librarians, technical and/or clerical staff; exercise independent judgment in the selection, training and evaluation of staff; make assignments and counsel employees on work-related issues and take disciplinary action as necessary in accordance with County and department guidelines and direction, regulations or applicable MOU
Manage task forces in the development of County Library policies and procedures, committee projects or special assignments and make recommendations; interpret library policies and procedures to staff and the public
Assess community library needs and formulate proposals and policies to support such needs within the County Library and the community
Manage building security and maintenance issues which may include surrounding grounds; evaluate architectural drawings to assess new library interior designs, layouts, and circulation needs, and make recommendations
Anticipate and recommend computer technology needs and planning, including internet access and software, and web based research services
Manage acquisition and collection development, including any specialized collections; participate in centralized collection development to ensure collection materials meet the community's needs
Education: Possession of a Master of Library Science degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or equivalent curriculum.
Experience: Three (3) years of full-time equivalent professional/supervisory library experience, which must have included experience as a Community/Branch Library Manager in a public library.
Four (4) years full-time equivalent experience working in a library, which may include two (2) years as support staff, technician or paraprofessional, and at least two (2) years in a professional/supervisory level.
All applicants are encouraged to review a detailed job description available at our website and apply only if they clearly meet the Minimum Qualifications as defined above.
All applicants are required to submit a completed supplemental questionnaire at the time of application. Supplemental questionnaires can be scanned and attached to your on-line application, or faxed to (925) 374-0433. Include your name and "3AGH-2014A" on all application documents.
NOTE: Contra Costa County is not able to administer online, off-site testing, and/or oral interviews at this time. Travel expenses will not be provided.
SELECTION PROCESS 1. Application Filing: Applicants are encouraged to apply on-line at Contra Costa County Department of Human Resources, or, a completed Contra Costa County application and Supplemental Questionnaire must be received or postmarked by the closing date/time listed above. Faxed applications WILL NOT be accepted. Resumes may not be substituted for the official County application. An application may be obtained by visiting our office at 651 Pine St., 2nd floor, Martinez, CA 94553, or the County Application can be received by visiting our website at the web link listed above. To view the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position, please visit our website to see the detailed job description.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Oral Interview: An oral interview will be conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board in Martinez, Ca. The Board will evaluate candidates in job-related areas. Candidates must receive a rating of at least 70 from a majority of the Board members to be ranked on the employment list. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
An EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IT IS THE POLICY OF CONTRA COSTA COUNTY NOT TO DISCRIMINATE BECAUSE OF RACE, RELIGIOUS CREED, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION, MARITAL STATUS, SEX, AGE OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Senior Community Library Manager Supplemental Questionnaire
1. The purpose of this questionnaire is to provide applicants with the opportunity to elaborate on their qualifications and to assist in determining the most qualified applicants. Your responses to the questionnaire may be used to evaluate your relevant experience and training in order to determine which applicants will be invited to participate in a competitive oral examination and/or assessment center. Applications received without a supplemental questionnaire will be disqualified. Although you may submit a resume, do not answer the questionnaire by indicating, "please see resume." Please be brief and concise limiting your response to the information that is relevant to each question. N/A
2. * Describe the positions you have held in public libraries which best demonstrate your competitive qualifications for this position. For each position (limit 3) provide the following: • Job title and dates held. • Name of library, population served and annual circulation. • Summary of your major responsibilities, and to whom you reported. • Annual community library budget. • Number and classifications of staff supervised
3. * Describe a library public service program you have developed and implemented which included establishing community networks with schools, cities, friends and other organizations and leaders in the community. Explain how you planned, implemented and evaluated the program.
4. * Describe your experience in conducting community needs assessment and performing both short and long range planning for community library services.
5. * Describe your experience in personnel management with specific reference to the following activities: • Staff selection • Staff development and training. • Managing organizational conflict. • Developing and utilizing performance indicators to evaluate and improve employee performance.
6. * Describe your experience in developing and managing a volunteer program. What do you feel is the role of volunteers in the library?
* Required Question
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
|Quote Reply Posted: 18/Jun/2014 at 6:21pm|
Thank you for posting the Contra Costa County Library Senior Community Library Manager ad below. Due to application form and system changes required by state law, Contra Costa County will be closing its HR application website at End-of-Day on Friday, 6/20 and reopening on Monday, 6/30/14. Although the original Final Filing Date for our ad was Friday, June 16, 2014, because of the changes we are extending the application period to Friday, July 11, 2014. We ask that you modify our ad accordingly by complying with one of the following requests:
· Extend our ad until July 11, 2014, taking down the ad from EOD June 20th to June 30th OR
· Extend our ad until July 11, 2014, including a notation that our website will be closed from June 20th – June 30th and they should apply when the site reopens.
Thank you in advance for your help and support.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum