Head of Acquisitions @ Univ. of Texas San Antonio
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Head of Acquisitions @ Univ. of Texas San Antonio
Posted: 10/Jun/2014 at 11:55pm
Head of Acquisitions
The University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries seeks dynamic, innovative applicants for the position of Head of Acquisitions. Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Collections, this position provides leadership and management for the Acquisitions department.
The Head of Acquisitions leads the department by providing expertise for ordering, receiving, and paying all types of library materials in a technologically complex and changing library environment. The incumbent investigates, develops, and implements 21st century acquisitions methods, policies, and procedures and establishes departmental priorities, maintaining high levels of accuracy and efficiency.
The position manages the department by supervising, training, and evaluating staff; oversees operation of the Libraries’ acquisitions and fund management functions in the ILS, ensuring reconciliation of those expenditures with the University's financial accounting system; and collaborates with library managers and staff to plan and implement programs and services. As part of the Library Management Team, the position provides input on the Libraries’ strategic and operational planning processes, ensuring that departmental goals further the mission of the library and university.
• MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program
• Five years of experience working in acquisitions, collections, and/or electronic resources in libraries
• Two or more years of direct supervisory experience
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Advanced degree in an academic discipline
• Three years of professional library experience
• Seven or more years of experience in acquisitions, collections, or electronic resources in libraries
• Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, implement, and coordinate work
• Evidence of creative approaches to service problems
• Project management experience
• Ability to collaborate with other staff and faculty
• Experience using Voyager ILS and other online library management systems.
$52,140 - $75,636 (flexible, depending on qualifications). This is a full‐time A&P, benefits‐eligible position.
Closing Date: 07/07/2014
For a complete job description and to apply, please use STARS, the Streamlined Applicant Referral System, at https://www.utsajobs.com. Please reference requisition no. 20140248. For additional assistance, please call UTSA Human Resources at (210) 458‐4250.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check. UTSA is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum