Sciences Libn. @ Univ. of Texas San Antonio
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Sciences Libn. @ Univ. of Texas San Antonio
Posted: 17/Jun/2014 at 5:49pm
Sciences Librarian (Scholarly Resources Librarian)
The University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries seeks an energetic, customer-focused Scholarly Resources Librarian for the Sciences to provide library, research, and instruction services to faculty and students. The librarian will also provide reference assistance online and in person, including some night and weekend hours.
Qualifications & Experience
• MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited program. Degree must be completed prior to start date
• Knowledge of print and online resources in subjects related to the Sciences
• Knowledge of new technologies and software associated with service delivery in libraries and academic institutions
• Knowledge of specialized software and/or datasets relevant to Sciences disciplines
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Use of personal computer and standard office software and equipment
• 6 months experience using and teaching online and library resources in subjects related to the Sciences.
• Degree or coursework in a subject related to the Sciences
For full job description, see posting in the online applicant system, STARS https://www.utsajobs.com/
Salary: $43,104-$55,000/Annualized (flexible, depending on qualifications). This is a full‐time A&P, benefits‐eligible position.
Job Posting Closes: 7/16/2014
Applications must be completed through the STARS system at https://www.utsajobs.com/ together with cover letter, resume, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references. For assistance accessing STARS, call UTSA Human Resources at (210) 458-4250.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check. UTSA is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries
The University of Texas at San Antonio is one of the fastest growing higher education institutions in Texas and the third largest institution in the UT System. Serving the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas, UTSA has about 30,000 students enrolled in 66 bachelor’s, 52 master’s and 24 doctoral degree programs across its three campuses.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum