Assess. & Stat. Coord. @ Univ. of Houston
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Assess. & Stat. Coord. @ Univ. of Houston
Posted: 11/Jul/2014 at 6:32pm
Assessment and Statistics Coordinator
University of Houston Libraries
Responsibilities : Building on an existing culture of assessment, the newly created position of Assessment and Statistics Coordinator will have broad responsibility for coordinating assessment activities and overseeing the reporting of statistical information for the University Libraries. The position will report to the Senior Associate Dean of Libraries.
· Serves as the Library an expert and coordinator for the integration of assessment into library planning and service improvement.
· Collaborates with a wide range of Library units to evaluate, recommend, and implement processes and procedures for measuring the effectiveness of Library-wide activities, such as user services, collections, technology, and physical and virtual spaces
· Administers, interprets and reports findings from standard assessment tools such as LibQUA+L.
· As necessary, develops surveys, conducts focus groups and undertakes other assessment initiatives to help the library understand user needs and/or user satisfaction levels.
· Disseminates the results of assessment activities to university administration, library administration, library staff and users of the library as appropriate.
· Collaborates with relevant units in the Libraries to build a central repository of data about the libraries. This repository will include ARL data as well as other data about Library collections, library activities, library and staff accomplishments, etc.
· Gathers and reports data required of the University Libraries by local, regional, and national organizations such as the Association of Research Libraries, the Association of College and Research Libraries, and the National Center for Educational Statistics.
· Assists library staff in developing research projects that can lead to publication or service improvement.
· Advises and assists library staff with Internal Review Board (IRB) applications required for human subjects research.
· Responds to requests for data from University administration.
· ALA-Accredited degree
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of statistical methodology and appropriate interpretation and application of statistical information
· Experience with software analysis tools such as Excel and SPSS.
· Experience with qualitative and quantitative assessment, including such activities as survey design, focus groups and usability testing.
· Significant professional experience in an academic library, preferably in an ARL library.
· Knowledge of LibQUAL+ and MINES, and electronic usage standards such as COUNTER.
Salary: $60,000 – $62,000 expected hiring range, depending on qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package; choice of retirement programs including TIAA-CREF; tax-deferred annuity program available; release time to take a class up to 3 hours/week; no state or local income tax.
Library Information: The UH Libraries are a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the Greater Western Library Alliance, the Hathi Trust, the Council on Library and Information Resources, the Digital Library Federation, and the Texas Digital Library. The campus libraries provide access to over 3.1 million volumes. Total staff includes 69 professionals and approximately 135 support staff. Additional information about the University Libraries is available at: http://info.lib.uh.edu .
The UH Libraries’ Strategic Directions document focuses on targeting services to specific user groups, reimagining library spaces, improving outreach, and increasing national recognition. Further information and the complete document are available at: http://info.lib.uh.edu/about/strategic-directions . The Strategic Directions support an ambitious set of goals adopted by the University and further the Tier One effort (http://www.uh.edu/about/initiatives/ ). We seek to recruit librarians who can relate their work to these strategies and understand their role in advancing these strategic imperatives.
General Information: The University of Houston campus comprises 13 colleges and schools offering close to 80 degree programs with an enrollment exceeding 40,000 students, 7,200 of whom are enrolled in graduate studies. Reflecting the multicultural community of metropolitan Houston, UH is one of the most ethnically diverse research university campuses in the nation.
Houston, the fourth largest city in the United States, offers all the cultural and recreational opportunities of a great city and is within easy reach of the Gulf of Mexico. It enjoys a very reasonable cost of living and was selected by Forbes as topping the list of America’s coolest cities (http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbrennan/2012/07/26/houston-tops-our-list-of-americas-coolest-cities-to-live/ ).
For additional information, including information about Houston's flourishing arts scene and entertainment offerings, please see: http://Visithoustontexas.com/ . For information about housing and living in Houston see: http://www.houston.org/living/index.html .
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send letter of application, names of 3 references, and resume to Damon Camille, Training, Assessment, and Statistics Coordinator, University of Houston, 114 University Libraries, Houston, Texas 77204-2000. Applications may also be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Potential applicants seeking further information should contact John Lehner, Associate Dean for Personnel, Planning, and Systems, at 713-743-9801 or email@example.com .
THE UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. MINORITIES, WOMEN, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum