Manager of Youth & Community Services - Sacramento
New Members Group
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Manager of Youth & Community Services - Sacramento
Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 1:44pm
Sacramento Public Library
Manager of Youth and Community Services
NEW FILING DEADLINE: 5/11/12
Sacramento Public Library Authority is in the midst of transformation. If you embrace challenges, don’t mind dynamic readjustments and enjoy ambiguity, the position of Manager of Youth and Community Services may be right for you. If you are passionate about the role libraries play in promoting a lifelong love of learning, have excellent customer service skills, a commitment to public service, the willingness to learn and embrace change, and budget management experience, this may be the position for you.
The Manager of Youth and Community Services oversees an eclectic assortment of services and projects for Sacramento Public Library, and must work well with the Library’s small but mighty management staff and be an inspiration to all library staff.
Reporting to the Library Director, the portfolio of responsibilities of this position is subject to change, depending upon the needs of the organization and currently includes managing staff, developing service plans and overseeing budgets related to:
• Youth, ages 0 (zero) to 18
• Literacy Services
• Volunteer Services
• Community Partnerships
• Special Projects
The successful applicant will:
• Lead system-wide planning and goal setting for youth services initiatives;
• Determine what services best meet the needs of the Library’s multi-cultural community and how best to deliver them;
• Develop effective community partnerships and identify, promote and implement effective library services through these partnerships;
• Oversee grant funded initiatives and projects that align with the Library’s strategic focus areas.
• Masters in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university; and
• Five years experience in specialty area, including two years in a supervisory capacity.
This is an exempt management position with competitive compensation and benefits. Salary is subject to negotiation, depending on qualifications.
To apply for this position: go to www.calopps.org by May 4, 2012 (5pm)
Applicants must submit an application, cover letter, resume and responses to supplemental questions. A valid California Drivers license will be required at the time of appointment.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.orgNEW FILING DEADLINE: 5/11/12
Edited by enaranjo - 03/May/2012 at 2:12pm
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum