Head, Elec Access & Cataloging Serv (Auraria Lib)
New Members Group
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Head, Elec Access & Cataloging Serv (Auraria Lib)
Posted: 10/May/2012 at 1:48pm
Position Title: Head of Electronic Access and Cataloging Services Campus UCD: University of Colorado, Downtown Campus in Denver
The Auraria Library seeks a Head of Electronic Access and Cataloging Services who will contribute to the customer service oriented and team-based environment. In partnership with colleagues in Collection Development and Acquisitions, this position has primary leadership responsibility for recommending, consulting, implementing, and maintaining the access and discovery strategies for Auraria Library's collections. The successful candidate oversees content management, cataloging, and metadata of the Library's print and online books, serials, videos, electronic collections, packages, databases, etc. Since nearly 70% of the Library's $3.0M learning materials budget is dedicated to electronic resources, this position will develop a successful strategy to expand online content discovery and delivery, as well as maintaining existing physical collections. Reporting to the Associate Director of Technical Services, this position will manage day-to-day operations and implement special projects by working with Library colleagues within and beyond the Technical Services Division.
• Works with colleagues and stakeholder groups across the Library and within the University of Colorado System to support content management of all electronic resources -- commercially acquired materials, as well as locally-developed content.
• Oversees harvesting, loading, cross-walking, and updating records to support access and discovery of print and electronic resources. Ensures that patrons have timely and accurate access to Library materials, and the Library's catalog and discovery systems are maintained according to bibliographic standards. Maximizes vendors who provide outsourced shelf-ready cataloging (e.g. Yankee Book Peddler and OCLC WorldCat Cataloging Partners), MARC record updates (Serials Solutions), and authority control services (Library Technologies. Inc.).
• Contributes to initiatives supporting content integration, exposure, and the delivery of content for the institutional repository.
• Keeps abreast of current and emerging trends, issues, and methods of electronic resources management and metadata standards.
• Manages a team whose activities span the receiving/processing, registering/tracking, cataloging, and content delivery and access of physical and electronic materials to ensure a positive and successful experience for Library patrons.
• Supervises 3 faculty librarians and 1 classified staff.
• Serves on a variety of internal and external committees.
Position Classification and Salary:
This is a tenured/tenure-track faculty position with a minimum salary of $60,000 commensurate with skills, experience, and rank. The incumbent may be initially appointed as a non-tenure track, senior instructor and then moved into a tenure-track position effective July 1, 2013. To be appointed with tenure, one must be tenured at a comparable academic institution and meet the Auraria Library's criteria for tenure and promotion. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility is located at http://www.cusys.edu/pbs
Required Education/Experience/Skills (Minimum Qualifications):
• Master's in Library Information Science (ALA Accredited preferred)
• Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
• Minimum of three years of professional cataloging/metadata experience.
• Experience using cataloging applications such as OCLC Connexion and MarcEdit.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and methods of access and discovery to scholarly resources.
• Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work well within a team environment with diverse groups of library faculty and staff.
• Proficiency with cataloging modules of a library management system.
Preferred Experience Education/Experience/Skills:
• Two or more years of related experience in an academic library.
• Experience using library management and electronic resources management systems such as Innovative Interfaces Millennium and ERM software and Serials Solutions 360 products.
• More than two years of supervisory experience including supervision in cataloging or other technical services operations.
• Experience with national cooperative cataloging programs such as PCC and OCLC Enhance.
• Evidence of professional development activities, including research and participation in professional organizations.
The downtown campus is located in the heart of the city's commercial, cultural and recreational district. Its location in downtown Denver attracts a diverse population, comprising primarily commuters, and a growing residential student housing population that has evolved to provide students with a dynamic undergraduate experience. This diversity is enriched by our commitment to a philosophy of inclusion, embedded in all aspects of campus life from its community members, curriculum, research and community service, allowing for the creation of a learning environment that welcomes, embraces, sustains and celebrates the unique and shared experiences of faculty, staff and students.
The Library is dedicated to providing an environment which stimulates and nourishes the growth of ideas. This is accomplished through collections and services that support the curriculum, ranging from vocational training to doctoral programs. For more information about the Library and the campus, visit: http://library.auraria.edu.
Applicants are only accepted online at http://www.jobsatcu.com, refer to job posting #816941. Applicants should provide the following:
• A letter of application detailing how your education, background and experience relate to the required and preferred qualifications
• A current vita
• Three professional references and their contact information
• Although this position is open until filled, full consideration will be given to applications received by June 01, 2012.
Social Science Collection Development Librarian
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum