REFORMA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Library Job Openings
  Forum Search

On-Call Librarian I/II (Santa Cruz Lib.)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote al.milo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On-Call Librarian I/II (Santa Cruz Lib.)
    Posted: 02/Oct/2012 at 6:36pm
Santa Cruz City/County Library System

ON-CALL LIBRARIAN I/II ($22.28 - $32.26 Hourly) The Santa Cruz City-County Library System is seeking candidates to add to our on-call pool. The On-call Librarian position works at the reference desk and/or may be needed in children’s reference on an as needed basis. Schedule varies, but can include weekends and evening hours. Must be available to work flexible hours. On-calls must be willing to travel to any of our 10 branches throughout the county. Notice of shifts can be last minute or planned in advance depending on how the need arises. Average number of hours assigned to on-calls can range from 4-15 hours per month. Typical qualifying experience: Librarian I: A Master of Library Science (MLS) degree. Librarian II: MLS degree, one year of professional library experience, including some supervisory experience, and specialized competency and exp. in Reference Services, Adult Services, Children’s Services and/or Technical Services.

To apply, submit a City application and a response to the supplemental questions.

For required application materials, go to www.cityofsantacruz.com and click on Jobs

Or contact:

City of Santa Cruz Human Resources Division

809 Center St., Room 6, Santa Cruz, CA 95060

(831) 420-5040

HR@cityofsantacruz.com

EOE/ADA

*******************************************************************************************

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need additional information.

Kathy Stagnaro

HR Technician

City of Santa Cruz

Human Resources Division

809 Center Street, Room 6

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

831.420.5041 fax

kstagnaro@cityofsantacruz.com

As a cost saving measure, the Human Resources Division is closed on Fridays. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Monday through Thursday.

Post Reply Post Reply