eLearning & Outreach Libn. at West Chester Univ.
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: eLearning & Outreach Libn. at West Chester Univ.
Posted: 11/Oct/2012 at 4:45pm
eLearning and Outreach Librarian
Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success.
West Chester University seeks a proactive, collegial eLearning and Outreach Librarian to work with classroom faculty and librarians to develop, integrate, and assess the best current technologies and practices in support of instruction and research in graduate and undergraduate hybrid and online classes, study abroad programs, and satellite locations.
• Provides leadership to integrate library services into a growing program of off-site and distance education aligning these services with the Association of College & Research Libraries Standards for Distance Learning Library Services.
• Works collegially to implement and assess library learning goals and to communicate, publicize and embed library resources and services into the University’s expanding e-learning initiative.
• Explores new technologies related to online teaching and learning, and trains librarians and staff in these technologies.
• Provides general reference and instruction services.
• Serves as a liaison to assigned academic departments, including instruction and collection development.
• Coordinates the Libraries’ social media presence.
This is a nine-month tenure-track position with faculty status and rank. Some evening and weekend hours are required. Travel is required to expand outreach to University sites. Additional compensation for support of classes outside the traditional academic year is available.
Master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association. Experience in the use of emerging information technologies in library instruction. Minimum of two years’ experience in academic library providing reference and instruction. Proven ability to work independently without direct supervision and as a team member within a collegial environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Finalists must successfully complete an on-site interview and presentation.
PhD or second Master’s degree. Master’s degree in Distance Education. Experience with distance education. Experience in delivery of online library instruction. Experience working with campus units outside the library to promote and develop new programs. Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes. Academic library collection development experience.
Salary and Rank:
Assistant Professor Rank
Minimum nine-month salary: $51,856.27. Includes generous faculty benefits package.
The filling of this position (to begin Spring semester 2013) is contingent upon available funding. All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background and consumer checks.
West Chester University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Review of applications begins 30 days after position is posted; position open until filled. Send letter, resume, and the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references to Mame Purce, Chair, eLearning and Outreach Librarian Search Committee, Francis Harvey Green Library, 25 West Rosedale Ave., West Chester University of Pennsylvania, West Chester, PA 19383, email: email@example.com.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum