Admin. Asst. at Univ. of Arizona Libraries
Location: Anaheim Calif.
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Admin. Asst. at Univ. of Arizona Libraries
Posted: 08/Feb/2013 at 6:30pm
THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Dept./Team: University Libraries, Administration Team
Classification: Classified Staff
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week)
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am–5:00 pm (some evenings and weekends may
The University of Arizona Library seeks an Administrative Assistant who will exercise considerable discretion, professionalism and independent judgment for the Dean’s office that includes Development Officers and several senior administrators. Incumbent provides administrative support for the daily activities of the Dean’s Office to include: triaging incoming requests; composing a variety of business correspondence; event planning and coordination; managing travel arrangements and reimbursements; records management; team website updates; and interacts comfortably with faculty, staff, students and community constituents. Successful candidate will be extremely organized and detail-oriented; accurately assess priorities and effectively integrate last minute tasks; and provide high quality customer service in an office setting that has multi-faceted functions.
Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Prioritizes tasks and workload to complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision. Utilizes time management and organizational techniques to accomplish a wide variety of duties within appropriate time frames
2. Assists customers by phone and in person. Triages requests and inquiries, and responds or refers as appropriate.
3. Composes and proofs a variety of business correspondence including memos, letters, meeting minutes, agendas, reports, spreadsheets, and maintain records and logs. Prepares correspondence from handwritten drafts. Attends meetings, records proceedings and distributes meeting notes.
4. Collaborates on planning, organization and coordination of Dean’s special events on/off site including: schedules and maintains communication with speakers, vendors and participants; performs direct mailings, RSVP procedures; arranges space/room reservations, equipment and presentation needs; coordinates catering; participates in event setup/breakdown including rearranging furniture, making coffee, serving food and clean-up duties such as preserving leftovers, loading dishwasher, washing and putting away dishes, and operating carpet sweeper.
5. Coordinates and schedules travel, booking airline tickets and hotel accommodations, and prepares itineraries and background materials for Dean and other library staff/visitors.
6. Files expense reports for reimbursement ensuring compliance with UA Library/Foundation policies, and communicates to employees prior to travel.
7. Utilizes team’s document management system, DocuWare, for confidential records management. Applies metadata for document identification in electronic filing, storage, retention and retrieval. Using UA Foundation database Raiser’s Edge, inputs and retrieves donor information.
8. Maintains expense records; prepares and submits reimbursement requests; and reconciles invoices for payment. Monitors team’s expenditures including reconciling team budgets, performing simple analysis of accounts; prepares special/recurring reports; and within established limits, authorizes payments.
9. Updates the Dean’s contacts list including maintaining and updating annual holiday mailing lists; manages subscriptions and memberships in professional organizations.
10. Conducts internet research and summarizes information from various resources; calculates statistics, and compiles sensitive information for special or recurring reports.
11. Maintains inventory, makes recommendations for purchases, and orders office supplies as needed; complies with UA and Libraries policies and procedures governing Library and Foundation accounts and P-Card usage.
12. Provides backup in support of Dean for calendar management, meeting coordination, phone coverage and other administrative duties for the Administration office as required. Performs other duties as requested by the Dean.
13. Maintains professional, neat and clean appearance of administrative lobby, conference room and kitchen area including: ensures conference rooms are ready for meetings; orders and stocks kitchen supplies; maintains office supplies; and ensures printers/fax/copiers are in proper working order including making maintenance requests as needed.
14. Updates team’s website using assigned web development and editing software.
15. Participates in meetings, projects, team members’ developmental reviews and search committees.
16. Implements new policies and procedures as instructed by the supervisor, and performs other duties as required to achieve the goals of the team and the Libraries.
17. Works independently under general direction to support the multi-faceted functions of the dean’s office.
• Four years directly related experience;
• OR, Certificate in Secretarial Science AND three years of directly related experience;
• OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
1. Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision enabling efficient and effective multi-tasking to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to respond positively to unanticipated changes and perform with flexibility under demanding circumstances.
2. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and effective telephone communication skills and etiquette, including business vocabulary, tact, diplomacy and sound judgment. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in working with sensitive information while demonstrating poise and discretion and exuding professionalism in an administrate support role.
3. Demonstrated written communication skills including composition, sentence structure, punctuation and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading. Skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Experienced composing correspondence and preparing reports.
4. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a diverse array of individuals and groups. Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to work well with all levels of staff and management as well as internal and external clients and vendors. Prior administrative support experience, preferably to senior level executives or upper level management.
5. Excellent record keeping and file maintenance skills. Thorough knowledge of manual and electronic records management systems (preferably DocuWare) including principles, practices and UA record retention policies.
6. Skill and aptitude for event planning, management and catering. Experience supporting a variety of special events. Ability to travel to off-site events (must have reliable transportation) and work occasional evenings or weekends.
7. Experience making travel arrangements.
8. Knowledge of monitoring and tracking a budget. Knowledge of ABOR, University and Library policies and procedures governing Library and Foundation accounts, P-Card usage, travel and entertainment reimbursements and campus catering. Knowledge of basic accounting/budgeting procedures.
9. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, University of Arizona Foundation donor database.
10. Skill and ability in web page maintenance and editing using webpage software.
11. Ability to take direction, understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to take initiative and work autonomously.
12. Knowledge of standard office policies, practices, procedures and terminology, and skilled in the operation of various office equipment.
13. Excellent proficiency in attention to detail, follow-through and checking one's own work products for accuracy.
14. Ability to learn new skills as the work environment and customers’ needs change.
15. Ability to contribute effectively to a team environment.
Opened: 2/6/13; Closes: 2/18/13
Salary: $31,090 annually plus full benefits. Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for eligible employees and their spouses and qualified family members; access to campus cultural and recreational activities; State retirement; and more!
How to Apply: Apply via The University of Arizona’s CareerTrack application system at Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.. Complete a Classified Staff application, search for Job #51871, and be prepared to attach a letter of interest and resume. The completely filled out application form should include the names and contact information for 3 direct supervisor references (who have completed your performance evaluation). Answer the supplemental questions. In the letter of offer describe how your qualifications and experience fit this position. The Libraries do not pay candidate interview or moving expenses for classified staff positions. For questions regarding The UA CareerTrack system contact: 520-621-3662; TDD 621-8299 (M-F 8-5). The UA conducts pre-employment background checks.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University of Arizona recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. The University of Arizona is an EEO/AA Employer-M/W/D/V.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum