Forum Search

Outreach Librarian I

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kgarnett@berwynlibrary.org View Drop Down
New Members Group
New Members Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kgarnett@berwynlibrary.org Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outreach Librarian I
    Posted: 15/Jan/2017 at 11:16am

Position:          Librarian I – Outreach Services
Salary:          $14.00/hour
Schedule:          40 hours a week

The Berwyn Public Library seeks a bilingual, energetic and creative individual to coordinate and implement a comprehensive ESL adult literacy program.    The ideal candidate will be fluent in Spanish, demonstrate excellent communication skills, work well as part of a team, and have a strong background in ESL educational practices. Example duties include:

•Provides services to the Berwyn community including ESL and adult literacy classes
•Builds partnerships with literacy organizations in Chicago area
•Coordinates adult ESL volunteers and tutors
•Represents the library at community events
•Prepares promotional materials for Outreach Services and adult literacy programs and services
•Researches and writes grant proposals to fund literacy programs
•Performs duties required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above

EDUCATION:

Requires a 4-year college degree preferably in adult education or ESL education.

EXPERIENCE:

Requires a minimum of two years experience teaching and planning curriculum for adult English language learners.

Requires experience of computer programs and the ability to search the Internet.

Ability to speak, write and read Spanish required.

DEADLINE: Until filled

Submit City of Berwyn Application for Employment cover letter and resume to:
Barb Ziemba bziemba@berwynlibrary.org
Berwyn Public Library
2701 S. Harlem Avenue
Berwyn, IL 60402

The City of Berwyn is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate of the basis of race, color, creed, religion, place of residence, or disability.
 Post Reply Post Reply