Library Information Associate (3 positions), Job #53431
University Libraries, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
The Library Information Associate coordinates activities at various Access & Information Services Team) (AIST) service sites, working in a 24/5 environment for the purpose of supporting the education needs of customers and promoting a safe and secure learning environment in the various libraries.
The incumbent in this position assists customers with basic research needs, provides information, reference and technology assistance that facilitates customer access to the collections of the University of Arizona Libraries. The incumbent also coordinates the work of student employees, including training, supervision and supports the library in its mission and vision in providing excellent customer service by serving on functional and cross-functional teams.
As customers' needs change, the work and hours may change. As needed within the team and appropriate to the position Library Information Associate, the incumbent performs all work necessary to meet the changing needs of the Libraries' customers. As our customers' needs change, our work patterns often change. As a result, team and Library work are periodically negotiated within the team, the end product being an updated job description defining individuals' work as well as performance expectations.
Position #1: Tues- Sat 1-10 pm (working in the Information Commons (including 9-10 pm security walk) and ILL processing)
Position #2: Tues-Thurs 6pm-3am, Fri/Sat 4:15pm-1:15am (Spring/Fall) (processing Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and working in the Information Commons, closing the main library building down Fri/Sat)
Position #3: Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs nights 9pm- 6am (Spring/Fall) (see daily schedule below)
Note: As needed for sick/vacation coverage, staff is required to assist with filling in for evening, late night, early morning and weekend shifts. During semester breaks and summer sessions, shifts change based on the hours the library is open. Hours may be negotiated during those times to best meet the needs of the AIST and our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Customer Service (77%):
· Oversees an AIST service site: Provides customers with reference, technology and circulation assistance (via online chat and email) including locating library information, resources, materials and services; negotiating overdue accounts and answering billing and collections questions; and troubleshooting software, computers, laptops (including reimaging laptops), projectors, printers and photocopiers. Provides leadership including solving problems and making non-routine decisions using sound judgment, following through to solve public desk issues, and coordinating the work of and supervising student employees. Meets team quality standards for work within this area.
· Ensures safety of library customers and employees and security of library materials through application of library and University policies and procedures. Acts as a liaison with University Police Department (in regards to reporting criminal activity or emergency situations), Campus and Library Facilities (in regards to building problems), Library Systems (in regards to library equipment problems) and as needed Risk Management (in regards to reporting incidents) during evening and weekend hours. As needed, responsible for opening/closing and securing Main or Science Libraries.
B. Service Site Work Responsibilities & Team Participation (23%):
· Utilizing multiple complex systems, responsible for accurately searching incoming Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests during scheduled and unscheduled shifts, facilitating customer access to materials owned and not owned by the University of Arizona Libraries. Meets team quality standards for work within this area.
· Adheres to team expectation for keeping up-to-date on email correspondence and online calendar. Actively participates and follows-up on assignments in AIST team and library-wide meetings, discussions and training sessions, AIST and library-wide projects and selection committees, or fills in for those on projects. Facilitates meetings, makes presentations as needed, participates in decision making and completes assignments, including shared work team responsibility for data collection, needs assessment and analysis to demonstrate quality of work and to continually improve customer access and creating, maintaining and updating documentation of work processes. Works collaboratively with other individuals and teams both virtually and in-person.
· Participates in the libraries' performance management system by writing performance and learning goals, tracking progress, actively participating in developmental reviews of self and colleagues by following library and team guidelines and using Constructive Dialogue approach; receives coaching and mentoring from supervisor regarding goals, team quality standards, work processes and cross-functional team's project charges.
· Bachelor's degree AND two years related library experience;
· OR, Six years related library experience;
· OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
Opened: 8/26/13; Closes: 9/09/13.
Salary: $33,107 annually plus full benefits eligibility. Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for eligible employees and their spouses and qualified family members; access to campus cultural and recreational activities; State retirement; and more!
For Full Details and to Apply: Go to The University of Arizona’s CareerTrack application system at http://www.uacareertrack. com/ . Completely fill out a Classified Staff application, search for Job #53431, and be prepared to attach a letter of interest and resume. The completed application form should include the names and contact information for 3 direct supervisor references (who have completed your performance evaluation). In the letter of offer describe how your qualifications and experience fit this position. The Libraries do not pay candidate interview or moving expenses for classified staff positions. For questions regarding The UA CareerTrack system contact: 520-621-3662; TDD 621-8299 (M-F 8-5).
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University of Arizona recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. The University of Arizona is an EEO/AA Employer-M/W/D/V.