Portland Community College Library has openings for three (3) full time Reference Librarians.
Locations: Sylvania and Southeast Campuses
Librarian Job Duties Include:
Be responsible for providing library services such as staffing the
Research Help Desk, providing chat and email research support,
collaborating with instructional faculty to create customized one-time
- Serve as a liaison to one or more Subject Area Committees (SACS).
- Participate in library, campus and, district committees.
- Provide research assistance for the college upon request.
- Participate in Library SAC and engage in SAC-related assessment activities.
- Be responsible for one or more collection areas.
- Instruct groups and individuals in effective use of library resources and research tools.
- Participate in an array of library initiatives
MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited library school or foreign equivalent, plus one year's teaching experience.
Demonstrated experience working effectively with faculty members in
multiple disciplines to: create, develop and deliver course-specific
research instruction using a variety of presentation and teaching
modalities (e.g., face-to-face, online.)
Demonstrated ability to teach students, individually and in classroom
settings, whose learning styles, levels of academic preparedness, and
backgrounds vary greatly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and their application to an academic library.
Knowledge of and experience in developing and maintaining library
collections in a discipline, including: analyzing current holdings,
identifying gaps in a collection, and working with members of the
college community to optimally develop the collection.
Demonstrated ability to contribute positively to a collegial
environment based on mutual respect, commitment to public service, open
communication and cooperation within complex organizations (e.g., a
multi-campus setting, geographically-distributed entity, or online
Evidence of professional commitment through research and/or
professional service, and to a praxis of ongoing learning and
- Demonstrated success in leading user-centered development and delivery of responsive services.
-Demonstrated commitment to diversity, with experience in teaching students from diverse backgrounds.
in engaging in a cycle of assessment, including: goal setting ,
articulating criteria for evaluation, gathering data, analysing results
and responding to results.
To apply for this position you must submit:
1) Completed online application (please be sure to include complete employment history in either the application or resume/vita)
Cover letter specifically stating how you meet each of the
qualifications for the position, including preferred qualifications.
3) Current Resume/Vita (Attach document)*
When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to
attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft
Word" or ".pdf" formats.
*Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
For best consideration, apply by February 17th, 2014. Recruitment will close as soon as a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Sr Office Asst
Portland Community College|Library
Phone: 971-722-4498| Fax: 971-722-8398