2021 Día Mini-Grants Winners
Congratulations! REFORMA 2021 Día Mini-Grants Winners
El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Children's Day/Book Day), commonly known as Día, is a celebration every day of children, families, and reading that culminates yearly on April 30. The celebration emphasizes the importance of literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds. REFORMA is proud to be a founding partner of Día.
We're excited to announce the winners of the 2021 REFORMA Día Mini-Grants. The winners were selected based on the creativity of the program, level of community involvement, and impact of the project as it best highlights Latinx authors, performers, and culture.
- Tulare Public Library / Carol Lovos - Tulare, CA
- Boston Public Library / Sujei Lugo - Jamaica Plain, MA
- Gail Borden Public Library District & School District U-46 / Tina Birkholz - Elgin, IL
- San Diego Public Library / Itza Vilaboy - San Diego, CA
- REFORMA Washington Chapter, King County Library System, Seattle Public Library, Sno-Isle Libraries / Beatriz Pascual Wallace - Greater Seattle Area, WA
Each library will receive $300 to support a virtual or in-person Día program that celebrates Latino culture.
REFORMA thanks the 2021 Día Mini-Grants Selection Committee:
- Maria F. Estrella, Chair of REFORMA's Children's and Young Adult Services Committee (CAYASC), Cleveland Public Library
- Cristina E. Mitra, Family Engagement Coordinator, San Francisco Public Library
- Karina Huerta, Youth Services Librarian, Department of Library and Recreation Services, City of Sunnyvale
- Angelica Candelaria, Youth Services Manager, Caroline County Public Library
- Maria Xochitl Peterson, Unit Manager, Thomas Hughes Children's Library, Chicago Public Library
- Diane Olivo-Posner, Principal Librarian, Exploration & Creativity, Los Angeles Public Library
- Jessica Agudelo, Supervising Librarian, Children's Services, The New York Public Library
The Mini-Grants Program coordinator is Madeline Peña, Digital Content Manager, Los Angeles Public Library, REFORMA President 2018-19, Technology Committee Co-Chair.
We thank everyone who applied for our Día Mini-Grant Program. We received 15 eligible submissions.
REFORMA is committed to supporting programming for Latino and Spanish-speaking communities through our Mini-Grants Programs. If you'd like to support future Mini-Grants, consider making a donation to REFORMA at reforma.org/donate.
¡Felicidades a los ganadores!