Noche de Cuentos Mini-Grants - Deadline Extended
The application deadline for the 2023 Noche de Cuentos Mini-Grants has been extended to October 20, 2023.
REFORMA will award up to 10 mini-grants of $500 to support Noche de Cuentos programs between the months of September and December.
- Public libraries, academic libraries, school libraries, and community organizations in the United States, including Puerto Rico, are eligible to apply.
- The library or the person submitting the application must be a current member of REFORMA.
- The program must celebrate Latino culture. Proposed programs must focus on oral traditions and be storytelling-based, with an emphasis on cultural literacy activities.
- Funds will be provided to pay for hired storyteller/performer, and to support other related expenses such as publicity, materials, decorations, and refreshments - as specified in your proposal. Only 20% of money can be spent on refreshments.
- The program must take place between the months of September and December 2023. Virtual or in-person.
- Winners must agree that publicity for their event will identify REFORMA as sponsor/partial sponsor. Winners agree to use the Noche de Cuentos program logo and flyer/poster templates provided by REFORMA.
- Winners must submit a final report by January 31, 2024.
- Winners must be willing to have their program featured on the REFORMA website, listserv, social media accounts, and Newsletter both in written and photographic detail.
- Applications must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) on
SeptemberOctober 20, 2023.