We are actively seeking new protégés and mentors - get involved today and help shape our future by completing the easy online application!
The Mentoring Committee encourages an interdependent community of leaders through a mindful and mutually beneficial network of protégés and mentors with the shared purpose of engaging Latinxs with libraries.
- Create mutually beneficial pairs, or duos, of current superstars and aspiring rockstars in the library profession
- Update the existing mentoring model to meet the dynamic needs of today’s professionals
- Share internship resources and best practices with local chapters to better engage students and strengthen community networks
- Update the web-presence to make mentoring information more accessible and reliable across platforms for all users
- Forge new partnerships and reinforce professional alliances to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion in libraries
Antonio Apodaca (Chair 2018-19)
Louis Munoz (Committee Leader, 2017-18)
Derek Stalcup (Committee Leader, 2017-18)
Heather Stevens (Intern, Summer 2017-18)