El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Children's Day/Book Day), commonly known as Día
, is a celebration every day of children, families, and reading that culminates yearly on April 30. The celebration emphasizes the importance of literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds. REFORMA is proud to be a founding partner
This year, REFORMA will award 5 mini-grants of $300
to support a new or existing Día program that celebrates Latino culture.
- Public and school libraries in the United States including Puerto Rico are eligible to apply.
- The library or the person submitting the application must be a current member of REFORMA.
- Funds will be provided to offset costs directly related to the delivery of a Día program, such as fees for author/performer, decorations, books, program or promotional materials, and refreshments.
- The program must celebrate Latino culture.
- The program must take place in the month of April.
- Winners must agree that publicity for their event will identify REFORMA as sponsor/partial sponsor.
- Winners must be willing to have their program featured on the REFORMA website, listserv, social media accounts, and Newsletter both in written and photographic detail.
- Winners must be willing to add their programs to the National Día Program Registry.
- The application must be received by 5:00 PM (PST) on March 18, 2019.
The winners will be announced on March 22, 2019.