Oversees the operation, repair, safety, and maintenance of all University Libraries facilities, which include Central Library, two branch libraries, and the collections depository. Responsible for the supervision of student employees. Collaborates with UTA Facilities Management, Custodial Services, and Libraries’ staff in the coordination of duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day maintenance of all University Libraries facilities. This includes:
- Collaborate with UTA Facilities Management and Custodial Services in the coordination of maintenance, facilities, and custodial services for University Libraries, branch libraries and collections depository.
- Responsible for understanding and proactively addressing space needs and requests of students, faculty, and staff throughout all Library locations within a 24-hour service model.
- Responsible for planning, assigning, prioritizing, and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance, and for expediting emergency maintenance.
- May perform routine and non-routine maintenance.
- Create and chair a Libraries Facilities Task Force.
- Establish and execute safety and emergency response protocols and training for Libraries facilities in collaboration with UTA Police and library stakeholders.
- Responsible for the supervision of student employees, including hiring, training, and assigning job duties.
- Partners with the Director of Library Budget and Finance and other stakeholders to develop specifications for contracted services, monitor renovation, construction, maintenance, and housekeeping projects, and ensure quality of work and cost control.
- Collaborates with Libraries’ staff and campus and community partners to achieve departmental and Libraries goals. Develops and manages a segment of the departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
||University of Texas at Arlington
|Posting Start Date:
- High School graduation or GED
- Experience developing productive partnerships across a large institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of facilities management or related experience, such as general building maintenance management, facilities maintenance planning, or managing renovations and refurbishments
- Minimum of two (2) year supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience mentoring student staff and developing their leadership skills
- Experience with facilities work in a university and/or library setting
- Strong experience utilizing MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to efficiently and effectively enter, gather, manage, and communicate to stakeholders the status of Work Order Request for all Libraries locations
- Advanced project planning and management skills, involving designing, leading, and completing a project within its intended scope and timeline
- Excellent organizational, analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and customer service skills
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Be an advocate and ally for equity, diversity, justice, and inclusion
- Ability to foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ Guiding Principles through daily actions and behaviors
- Ability to lead, cultivate, and empower staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations
- Ability to excel in a changing university environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/20624
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
||This listing expires on: 4/2/2023