West Virginia University Libraries seeks a Humanities Librarian to build and maintain liaison relationships with the departments of English, Philosophy, and Religious Studies. This librarian would also be a member of the Downtown Library’s Research Services team, providing general research support and teaching information literacy courses and instruction sessions.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with faculty in assigned disciplines, serving as their primary Libraries contact.
- Provides specialized research consultations and instruction services in areas of liaison responsibility, both in person and using digital media.
- Supports and contributes to the Libraries’ instruction, and research support services, including virtual reference and instruction of for-credit information literacy courses.
- Provides general research assistance to all campus and community Library users.
- Monitors trends in scholarly publishing in areas of liaison responsibility to inform the design of Library services and the development of Library collections.
- Serves on Library and/or WVU campus committees, task forces, and working groups and engages in service and professional development/research.
- Broadens representation and belonging through materials and outreach strategies
Conditions of Work & Benefits:
- Twelve-month assignment, 37.5 hours weekly M-F with occasional evening work possible
- Flexible Hybrid work schedule possible
- Faculty rank and status
- Non-tenure track
- Health and retirement benefits
- Generous paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- Supportive work environment with funding support for research and professional activities
We welcome beginning or early career librarians. Rank and salary are dependent upon post-MLS experience and credentials.
Salary range $56,000.00 - $63,000.00 commensurate with experience and faculty rank.
Exemplary job performance, professional development/research, and service are required for reappointment and promotion in rank.
Application review process begins January 17, 2023. Applications received by this date will receive the highest consideration. A complete application must include a letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, and the names of three current, professional references (please include mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers). Please contact the search committee chair Alyssa Wright at Alyssa.Wright@mail.wvu.edu if you have questions.
About WVU Libraries
The WVU Libraries encompasses seven libraries: the Downtown Library, Evansdale Library, Health Sciences Library (Morgantown), Law Library, Health Sciences Library (Charleston), Mary F. Shipper Library at Potomac State College, Beckley Library at WVU Institute of Technology, and West Virginia and Regional History Center. Our collections include more than 1.8 million books, 400,000 eBooks, and 117,000 eJournals. To learn more about our strategic goals read our 2021-2024 strategic Roadmap https://library.wvu.edu/about/strategic-roadmap
About West Virginia University and Morgantown
Morgantown, WV is a growing university city. The area offers abundant outdoor recreation and the cultural opportunities of a college town. It is within easy driving distance of Pittsburgh, PA (70 mi) and is within a day's driving distance to Washington DC and Columbus, OH (200 mi).
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU’s academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Read about our Inclusive Campus initiatives here: https://www.wvu.edu/inclusive-campus