Librarian I - multiple positions
There are multiple Librarian 1 openings throughout Newark Public Libraries’ 7 branch locations including:
· Reference Librarian, Main Branch
· Cataloging / Reference Librarian, Main Branch
· Children’s Librarian, Main Branch
· Children’s Librarian, North End Branch
· Adult Services Librarian, Branch Brook Branch
· Adult & Teen Services Librarian, Springfield Branch
· Adult & Teen Services Librarian, Vailsburg Branch
· Children’s Librarian, Weequahic Branch
Please indicate which position you are most interested in in your cover letter.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
· Supervises staff, services, and operations of department or location.
· Provides excellent customer service for all
· Establishes work priorities and provides instruction to staff in the performance of assigned work.
· Evaluates employee performance and conduct.
· Develops and recommends short and long range plans for program development and operations.
· Coordinates scheduling for North End Branch and communicates schedule to supervisor.
· Provides research services, answering reference questions of varying difficulty and explaining the use and availability of reference sources in all appropriate formats.
· Provides Readers’ Advisory.
· Assists public and staff and provides formal training in the effective use of library equipment and electronic resources.
· Provides programming and services for adults and/or youth
· Assists with children’s, adult’s, circulation, and other duties as needed
· Orders collection materials and other library supplies for purchase, taking into consideration priority needs and budget limitations; reviews collections to develop or discard/discontinue as needed; evaluates and/or selects resources for delivery in the most appropriate format.
· Gives talks before groups, organizations, co-workers and the public.
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with community organizations and the general public.
· Prepares clear, accurate and informative narrative and statistical reports.