TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
FLSA: Non-Exempt Location: Service Center
Posting Date: December 14th, 2022 Closing Date: Open until Filled
Wage: $24.26 - $34.92 Grade: 9 Reports To: Executive Director
Hours per Week: 40 Schedule: Working hours are subject to change, will be scheduled according to the needs of the library, and may include variable days, evenings, and weekends.
Electronic applications are available online at www.yvl.org
or may be obtained at any YVL location and submitted to any Yakima Valley Library, fax to HR at 509-575-3403 or mail to:
Human Resources, Yakima Valley Libraries, 102 N. Third Street, Yakima WA 98901
Human Resources; (509) 575-3433 or email@example.com
Job Purpose and Summary
The Marketing Coordinator position at Yakima Valley Libraries will provide high-quality, friendly and professional services. The role is responsible for planning, creating and implementing methods to increase public awareness of library services and activities. The right candidate will have strong creative and storytelling skills paired with excellent organization and timeliness.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Receives general supervision from assigned management staff. May exercise functional, technical, and professional supervision and/or lead responsibilities over paraprofessional, technical, or volunteer staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Develop and implement short and long-term strategic marketing plans for Yakima Valley Libraries focused on the Library’s Strategic Plan.
- Cultivate, organize, and maintain stories to highlight the Library System’s successes and services; writes and tells compelling stories.
- Create and maintain general look and standards for promotional content and materials.
- Purchase ad spots and create ad copy for print, web and radio.
- Update and create content for the library’s website. Works with the library’s IT team to improve the appearance and navigation of the library’s website.
- Manage and contribute to the library’s social media channels by creating/enforcing guidelines and working with staff on scheduling.
- Maintain the library’s presence by writing content, recruiting staff writers, editing and scheduling posts.
- Coordinates and plans the development of internal communications tools for staff use.
- Increase media exposure through press releases and media contacts.
- Create printed materials, such as posters, brochures, newsletters/calendars.
- Manage interior and exterior digital signs, including creating content and setting schedules.
- Oversee creation of photo and video collateral to utilize strategically in library marketing materials.
- Works with content experts for key organizational initiatives to create digital or printed materials targeted to their customers.
- Track effectiveness of promotional efforts.
- Responds to inquiries via organizational emails and social media comments.
- Manages the centralized archiving of photography used by the Marketing Department.
- Stay up-to-date on PR/marketing and public library trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Current public library operations, functions, programs and services.
- Customer service standards and protocols.
- Departmental policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Current office methods, equipment, practices and procedures including PC usage and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, office productivity, and other personal computer applications, emailing systems, databases and web-based searching.
- Supports, promotes, implements, and makes decisions based on established Library policies, guidelines, and programs.
- Contributes positively to the efforts of the Library.
- Establishes and maintains supportive working relationships with coworkers and customers.
- Actively participates in making the Library a welcoming and inclusive workplace.
- Exhibits self-motivation in managing changing priorities.
- Negotiates for win-win solution.
- Exhibits characteristics of a life-long learner and a willingness to investigate new ideas.
- Gain thorough knowledge of Yakima Valley Libraries’ policies, procedures and programs.
- Clearly, succinctly, and effectively communicate ideas and thoughts, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse population. Adapt to changing needs, recognize and set priorities, and plan, coordinate and organize own work.
- Use diplomacy and tact to establish and maintain relationships with patrons and staff.
- Support the Library’s value of intellectual freedom as exhibited in the Library Bill of Rights and the Freedom to Read statement.
- Operate with a minimum of supervision and work collaboratively in a team environment to find solutions to problems.
- Operate relevant computer systems, including the integrated library system, hardware, software and office machines.
- Use resources and current library and office technologies relevant to the job duties.
- Able to work any day the library is open, including evenings and weekends.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Washington driver’s license.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Attend work on a regular and dependable basis.
- Normally seated, standing or walking at will.
- Normal physical activity including some bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting and carrying, which may range up to 45 lbs. upon occasion. Pushing/moving library materials weighing up to 120 pounds with mechanical assistance, such as cart or dolly upon occasion.
- Keyboarding and working at a computer monitor for extended periods required.
- Phone usage, reading, speaking, and listening required.
- Interaction with library system staff, library customers, other libraries, agencies and organizations, will be necessary to provide and receive information.
- Some early morning, evening and weekend work may be required.
||Yakima Valley Libraries
||24.26 Per Hour
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s in communications, marketing or other relevant degree, and/or five years relevant experience
- Marketing, communications or public relations experience required.
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Library experience preferred, but not required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish – read, write, and speak) preferred
- A valid Washington driver’s license.
||This listing expires on: 2/12/2023