Library Information Technology Instructor, (Temporary, Part-Time Pool)
Library Information Technology Instructor - AMENDED, (Temporary, Part-Time Pool)
Faculty (Credit Program)
Salary (Applicant View)
Rate is set in accordance with the City College of San Francisco Faculty Salary Schedule for hourly assignments. Currently the rate upon entry is from $85.23 to $93.01 per hour depending upon placement.
TEMPORARY, PART-TIME POOL
Faculty - Part-Time Pool
Full Time/Part Time
The Library Information Technology department is seeking engaging part-time faculty to teach in our online program. Our department serves a diverse group of students representing a wide range of skill levels and educational goals, including vocational certificates, associate degrees, and lower division requirements that lead to transfer to universities.
1. Teach online in one or more of the following areas, such as a course in library technology, cataloging and classification, online search strategies, library public services, technical processing, special libraries & information centers.
2. Learn and incorporate new technologies into instruction as applicable.
3. Evaluate and report student learning outcomes and grades each semester.
4. Provide ongoing, consistent, and culturally responsive feedback to students on their progress, areas of improvement and strengths.
5. Contribute to departmental functions including, but not limited to, committee work, staff meetings, curriculum development, and revision of instructional materials all centered on diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and anti-racism.
6. Participate in the development and furthering of departmental and college goals that align with the college’s mission, Educational Master Plan and Student Equity Plan.
7. May serve on college-wide participatory governance committees.
8. Supports and engages in an innovative culture of culturally responsive, inclusive and anti-racist practices as it relates to student success with an awareness of student equity gaps.
9. Participates in ongoing training on diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism to center pedagogy.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by department chair.
1. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with community college students with disabilities, various sexual orientations, and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds (Required).
2. Earned Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association or a comparable international accrediting agency, OR THE EQUIVALENT;
Hold a fully-satisfied LIFE California Community College Librarian Credential (California credentials were no longer issued after July 1, 1990).
[The degree major(s) posted on an applicant’s transcript(s) must be exactly as listed above under the degree requirements. Otherwise applicant must claim education equivalency for the formal educational requirement. Applicants who are currently enrolled in Ph.D. programs that do not award a master’s degree also need to claim education equivalency. The “Faculty Equivalency Application Form” is available on the left side margin. This form will be considered as part of the application materials and must be submitted on or before the filing deadline as indicated on this job posting.]
[If you have previously gone through the education equivalency for this same subject area from City College of San Francisco OR you have obtained the clarification of your “major” from the department chair/dean of the institution you attended in order to meet the minimum qualification for this job posting, you must submit a copy of the information. When attaching this document, please use the “Equivalency Application Form” link.]
1. Successful community college teaching experience in Library Science.
2. Successful experience teaching online in a college environment.
3. Ability to teach using a variety of formats.
4. Two or more years of experience employed in libraries.
5. Training in diversity, anti-racism, and/or cultural humility.
6. Experience assessing Student Learning Outcomes and using data to improve instruction and/or programs.
7. Possesses outstanding interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
8. Successful experience working with a Learning Management System (LMS), such as Canvas.
9. Successful experience in the development and review of curriculum as well as the assessment of student learning.
10. Evidence of successful instruction and leadership experience at the university or college level using culturally responsive pedagogy that leads to equitable outcomes for all students.
11. Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of inequities in higher education and a commitment to rectifying policies and processes that restrict access for historically minoritized and disproportionately impacted students.
To apply for this posting, start by completing an online Faculty Position Application Form at http://jobs.ccsf.edu. To be considered a candidate for this posting, the following materials must be submitted and received by the Human Resources Department on or before 11:59 p.m. of the posting filing deadline. Substitution of required document(s) is not permitted.
Applicant: Please do not send any application materials to the Department Chair. Human Resources Department is not responsible for any documents addressed and/or sent to the Department Chair.
1. A detailed letter expressing interest in the position, indicating specifically how the minimum qualifications and as many as possible of the desirable qualifications will be fulfilled. Minimum and desirable qualifications are listed in this posting. The letter should also address the applicant’s background and skills in the areas stated in the Examples of Duties.
2. A current resume summarizing educational background, teaching experience, and related work experience.
3. A City College of San Francisco Electronic Faculty Position Application completed in full and applied to this specific posting online. The statement “See Resume” is not acceptable.
4. Three (3) current telephone references must be provided, to verify experience that is within the last 12 months. References must include current supervisors/employers, colleagues, or other professionals, who have knowledge of the responsibilities and duties specific to this type of position. If any reference is missing a telephone number, the reference will not be counted as a valid; and, as a result, the application will be considered incomplete.
5. Copies of transcripts verifying the degrees and majors as listed on applicant’s CCSF Application Form; official transcripts and actual verification of work experience will be required at a later date. [NOTE: Degrees and majors must be posted on transcripts to be considered in the application process. Foreign degree(s) must be evaluated before an application can be processed. Foreign Degree Evaluation sources information is located on the left side margin.]
6. Diversity Statement: Separate from your letter of interest, submit a concise response using only one page to discuss how your course content and teaching methods meet the needs of culturally and academically diverse learners. List classes or professional development activities you have participated in that directly relate to working with diverse student populations. (Note: Substitution of “diversity statement” with a “teaching philosophy” document will be automatically disqualified.)
Applicants bear the sole responsibility for ensuring that all application materials are complete when submitted and are received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59 p.m. on the posting filing deadline. Postmarks will not be honored. Emails are not acceptable. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. All application materials become the property of the City College of San Francisco and will not be returned. Application files for this posting will not be considered for other postings.
For additional assistance, please call Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660 to make the necessary arrangements. Please be aware that verification of a covered disability under the ADA may be required.
Selection Procedure/Conditions of Employment
Applicants who meet all minimum qualifications and have all required application documents in the CCSF Human Resources Department on or before the filing deadline will be included in the initial review processes to be conducted by the Search Committee. A reasonable number of applicants who are judged by the Committee as best matching the requirements of the position will be invited for a personal interview with the Search Committee.
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements for a CCSF Release to Work Authorization Certificate prior to appointment which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC 87408.6), fingerprinting processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
As approved by the governing Board of the San Francisco Community College District, beginning October 1, 2021, City College of San Francisco requires that new and current employees, students, and business partners participate in the Covid Safety Campaign. All parties entering CCSF facilities must demonstrate proof of covid vaccination in compliance with current CDC and SFDPH guidelines. New hires must submit documentation for verification to the Human Resources Department.
City College of San Francisco reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify or to rescind this job posting at any time without prior notice.
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District program or activity. For further information, contact the Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Library Information Technology Department Chair
Special Instructions to Applicant
AMENDED TO INCLUDE BOLDED ITEMS ERRONEOUSLY OMITTED. AMENDMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS: JOB DUTIES #8 AND #9 & DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS #10 AND #11.
City College of San Francisco will accept applications with all required supporting documentation at any time until the job close date. Screening and interviews can be conducted at any point in time as the department desires; a part-time hiring pool or pools will be developed and be in effect for a one-year period from which temporary appointments will be made on an as-needed basis.
The first round of screening and interview will end in mid to late February 2023 for those who have submitted completed application materials.
1. Letter of Interest
3. List of References
5. Diversity Statement
1. Transcript(s) - additional
2. California Community College Credentials
3. Equivalency Application Form
4. Foreign Degree Evaluation