Levels Staff Position -Part Time
The Great Neck Library is seeking a creative, personable, experienced youth worker for our acclaimed Levels cultural arts center for ages 12-18. Levels features weekly classes, weekend events, art shows, theatre productions, as well as an art space with crafting materials and digital video and audio recording facilities for moviemaking, music and more.
Duties and Responsibilities include
Develop and implement innovative programs for teens
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Assist in running weekend events and other teen center activities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated respect, sensitivity, and knowledge of cultural differences
- Plan and teach Levels workshops for teens in grades 7 and up
- Plan and teach Junior Levels workshops for 5th and 6th grade students
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in youth development and supervision preferred
- Experience in at least one of the visual and/or performing arts, or tech skills (STEM or Makerspace style)
Part Time – 12-18 hours/week, evening shifts, which could include
Mondays through Thursdays, 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
(Alternating Fridays/Saturdays) -
Fridays, 3:00 pm – 12:00 am, Saturdays, 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Starting Salary Range:
$27.00/per hour commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/)
and references by January 27, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.