Library Operations Supervisor
Library Operations Supervisor - Golden Library
Jefferson County Public Library
Apply By Jan 29th, 2023
$52,274.00 to $66,650.00 per Year
Link to Apply
We are hiring a customer service focused, collaborative leader in the Operations Supervisor position at the Golden Library. The Operations Supervisor contributes their knowledge and leadership to Jefferson County Public Library’s mission in creating the essential destination where residents can find the service, program or material delivered in the way that fits them just right. The Operations Supervisor provides a consistent quality customer experience in core Library services on the phone, in person or on the web. Supervises daily operations of Library services, supervises a large operations team, plans and designs circulation, back room, and workflow processes. Supervises access to resources, including the physical and virtual resources of the system.
- BACK ROOM PROCESSES: Models best behavior practices for customer service. Maintains efficient and timely handling of materials including both processing reports and items in circulation. Ensures effective access to resources for the public. Implements industry best practices for weeding, merchandising, labeling and promoting Library resources as directed. Determines status of damaged materials. Routinely provides direct customer service occasionally in non-routines situations. Resolves customer service issues including handling situations with law enforcement and first responders. Maintains a safe environment for staff and public.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Communicates expectations to staff and volunteers about Library services and trends in customer services. Applies input from community for implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks. Applies established industry benchmarks in service provision as directed. Maintains current knowledge of trends in Libraries and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide. Collects statistical information pertaining to circulation. Routinely provides direct customer service.
- OPERATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Prepares and submits routine reports as necessary for Library management. Serves as Person in Charge on a rotating basis for their local location. Participates in special assignments such as prototyping a new service. Builds and maintains current knowledge of the Library profession by utilizing on-line sources. Stays current on new trends and technologies. Trains staff in the use of self-checks, automated material handling systems and other Library equipment.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBIITY: Provides input for location/core service budget, audits spending per established procedures and limits. Participates in annual planning for Library services. Provides input for anticipated local and system needs. Communicates goals and strategic priorities to direct reports. Ensures compliance with budget limits and established purchasing procedures with staff under their supervision.
- SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT: Hires, assigns, trains, orients and supervises staff and volunteers in area of responsibility. Provides coaching for staff and volunteers on industry best practices. Recommends routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including interviewing applicants, evaluating performance, taking corrective action and scheduling. Anticipates and solves problems as non-routine situations arise. Evaluates work processes for ergonomic impact. Supports adherence to established policies, procedures and standards. Communicates changes in policies and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed. May supervise others in short-term projects outside of typical area of responsibility. Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives. Responsible for creating and implementing change management plans and strategies that maximum employee engagement and minimizes employee resistance. Serves as a member of JCPL’s CMT (Combined Management Team). Collaborates and coordinates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish JCPL goals and objectives as well as Division goals and objectives. Uses and continually develops leadership skills and participates in on-going professional development. Maintains skills, knowledge and subject matter expertise in areas of responsibility and industry trends through training and professional development. Attends conferences and participates in development activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred - Public library experience.
Preferred - Two years of customer service experience.
Preferred - One year of supervisory experience.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Link to Apply