Children's Department Head - Clark County Library
The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (LVCCLD)
is currently hiring for a full-time Children's Department Head
at the Clark County Library
. The application deadline for this position is 9:00 pm on February 10, 2023. Those interested in applying should submit an application prior to the application deadline through the following link:
DESCRIPTION OF HOURS AND WAGES:
This is a full-time position (40-hours). The salary range is $64,130 to $102,608 per year.
DEFINITION: This position performs professional and supervisory work in the planning, coordination, and operation of the YPL/Children’s Services Department at a branch library.
Essential and marginal functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Ensures the efficient operation of the YPL/Children’s Services Department within a branch library.
2. Prepares goals and objectives for the YPL/Children’s Services Department.
3. Exercises decision-making skills.
4. Supervises subordinate staff to include scheduling, training, working with staff to correct deficiencies, recommending discipline, and completing performance evaluations.
5. Directs and prioritizes the work of subordinate staff.
6. Participates on interview panels and assists in the selection of staff for the YPL/Children’s Services Department and other staff requested by the Branch Manager.
7. Prepares, submits, and summarizes various routine and non-routine reports.
8. Prepares, submits, and maintains YPL/Children’s Services Department materials budget and adheres to established Library District objectives in such.14. Ensures the calendar of programs and events for the YPL/Children’s Services Department is maintained.
9. Assists subordinate staff in organizing specific aspects of the YPL/Children’s Services Department.
10. Performs professional library activities in ordering books, documents, periodicals, multi-media materials and other YPL materials.
11. Supervises book expenditures and materials ordering for YPL/Children’s Services Department.
12. Reviews periodical and book lists for the purpose of rendering recommendations on acquisitions.
13. Provides children’s reference and other services over the telephone and in person to both patrons and staff.
14. Ensures the calendar of programs and events for the YPL/Children’s Services Department is maintained.
15. Networks with schools and public agencies to provide quality services and programs for children.
16. Interprets, develops, and implements Library District, branch, and department policies and procedures.
17. Confers with teachers, parents, and community groups to assist in planning, organizing, and implementing special programs and exhibits to encourage and improve children’s and young adults communication skills, promote reading, and encourage greater patronage of the Library District.
18. Prepares and conduct programs for children up to 18 years of age.
19. Prepares and conducts programs for adults relating to children’s services.
20. Provides community outreach services.
21. Conducts tours of the YPL/Children’s Services Department for teachers, students, schools, day cares, and other interested groups.
22. Interacts extensively over the telephone, and in person with patrons, District-wide staff and management, outside agencies, vendors, and other libraries.
23. Utilizes personal computers, automated library systems, the Internet, and other tools and resources.
24. Assists children, young adults, and adult patrons in the use of the Children’s Services circulating collections and materials using the Library of Congress Classifications.
25. Assists children, young adults, and adult patrons in the use of automated library systems, various indices, non-book materials, and equipment.
26. Operates library and office equipment including, but not limited to: copy machine, telephone, and facsimile machine.
27. Maintains a safe environment for both staff and patrons.
28. Attends or conducts miscellaneous meetings and training sessions at district-wide meeting sites.