Circulation Assistant - West Las Vegas Library
The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (LVCCLD)
is currently hiring for a full-time Circulation Assistant
at the West Las Vegas Library
. The application deadline for this position is 9:00 pm on January 30, 2023
. Those interested in applying should submit an application prior to the application deadline through the following link:
DESCRIPTION OF HOURS AND WAGES:
This is a full-time position (40-hours per week). The hourly range is $16.46 to $26.33 per hour.
Sunday and Monday: Off
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 11:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
Thursday: 11:15 a.m. - 8:15 p.m.
Friday: 9:15 am. - 6:15 p.m.
Saturday: 9:15 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.
DEFINITION: This position performs a variety of technical public service work involving automated circulation system functions.
Essential and marginal functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Provides public service at the Circulation Desk to include checking library materials in and out, maintaining patron accounts in the collection of fines and fees, and registering and issuing patron cards.
2. Checks in new materials and maintains related records.
3. Performs telephone receptionist duties, ascertaining the nature of the call, and either personally assists the caller or directs the caller to the appropriate individual or department.
4. Directs patrons to the general location of library materials, library equipment, and other departments.
5. Answers inquiries of a nonprofessional nature and refers patrons requiring professional assistance to a Librarian.
6. Maintains and files various records and reports appropriate to the Circulation Department.
7. Assists patrons with questions regarding overdue notices.
8. Performs routine shelf checks and claims returns.
9. Counts money for cash register and balances cash drawer at the end of the assigned shift.
10. Interacts extensively in person and over the telephone with patrons, district-wide staff and management, outside agencies, and other libraries.
11. Updates computer records as requested.
12. Utilizes automated library systems and other library equipment.
13. Sorts returned library materials and either personally shelves materials or places them in the designated area for the Pages to retrieve and shelve.
14. Processes and maintains reserved library materials.
15. Operates general office equipment, to include but not limited to: copy machine, telephone, and facsimile machine.
16. Inspects returned library materials for damage.