Research & Instruction Librarian
As the fastest-rising university in the US, the University of South Florida is shaping the future for a better tomorrow. At the USF Libraries, Tampa campus, we invite you to join our team of Research and Instruction Librarians who play an active role in supporting our exceptionally talented faculty and students. We are looking for several bright and friendly individuals committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. The ideal candidates will have a background and interest in either STEM disciplines (ideally engineering, physics, mathematics, or statistics) and in the Social or Behavioral Sciences. Cover letters should indicate relevant interests, background, and experience or a willingness to develop related disciplinary knowledge.
Research & Instruction Librarians participates in USF Libraries’ information literacy instruction initiatives and supports high impact practices in associated courses and university initiatives. The incumbents will be joining a new cohort of librarians who are creative and forward-thinking with strong interpersonal skills and who expand partnerships across library departments and with colleagues across campuses. The USF Libraries values diversity of thought, perspective, experience, and people and is actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect. This position reports to the Director for Research & Instruction at the USF Tampa Campus Library and is a member of the USF Libraries Faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Actively engage with faculty, researchers, and students to understand their research and instruction needs, build collaborations, and promote library services
• Foster an equitable and inclusive workplace and work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
• Collaborate with USF Libraries Research & Instruction colleagues located on the three USF campuses on various departmental initiatives such as assessment, outreach, library instruction, and supporting faculty or student research
• Develop a focused portfolio of high-quality research and creative accomplishments required for promotion
• Actively participate and demonstrate leadership in professional responsibilities that serve the USF Libraries, USF, the profession, and the community
To be successful in this position, candidates will need:
• A growth mindset and commitment to professional development
• Commitment to fostering an equitable and inclusive workplace
• Instruction, presentation, and communication skills
• Commitment to excellent public services and improving the library user experience
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Initiative, flexibility, and ability to work creatively
Research & Instruction Librarian
||University of South Florida Libraries
|Posting Start Date:
• An ALA-accredited master’s degree in library and information studies conferred by the start of employment.
• Educational background or articulated interest in either STEM disciplines (ideally engineering, physics, mathematics, or statistics) or in the Social or Behavioral Sciences.
• Experience providing information literacy instruction, conducting research consultations, and contributing to public services
• Demonstrated ability to foster inclusive learning environments and work with diverse students, faculty, staff, and colleagues
• Knowledge of systematic or scoping reviews in selected fields, disciplinary open science practices and repositories, or articulated interest in building knowledge and gaining experience in these areas
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build partnerships across the library and university
• Demonstrated capacity for scholarly publications and presentations and/or a record of scholarship and service
Compensation and academic rank commensurate with experience.
Applications must be submitted by March 17, 2023, through the Careers@USF website, Job ID 33230 and include a cover letter and CV. The R&I Department is committed to mentoring librarians at all levels by supporting professional development, research productivity, and professional service. Please go to www.lib.usf.edu/employment for more information. We are open to all levels of excellence and experience. USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace
||This listing expires on: 3/31/2023