IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Jefferson County Public Library
$84,499.00 to $107,736.00 per Year
Link to Apply
Are you a leader who wants to make a difference? Do you have a passion for contributing to the community? We have an exciting opportunity to join our Technology and Innovation as a Project Manager.
You will work with a variety of departments across Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) to bring new or improved services and solutions to our community.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Project Manager
who excels at communication, collaboration, and prides themselves on building relationships, understanding technology, and managing multiple initiatives. We are seeking someone who is partner-focused and dedicated to bringing people together to make our processes and services better.
The position will report directly to the Director of Technology and Innovation. The successful candidate will have great interpersonal and organization skills and should be able to use a variety of tools and manage a diverse group of stakeholders. We are looking for a passionate Project Manager who can lead projects successfully as well as contribute to building our Technology & Innovation department by sharing their opinions and experiences.
This position includes working in a hybrid capacity, with remote work and in-office work as needed. Ability to maintain a regular and predictable work schedule, supporting after hours projects on an as needed basis. Projects may include rare occasions requiring weekend/minor holiday work hours.
Benefits include dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, retirement matching, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, remote work options and more. Use this link to review our Total Rewards summary: https://www.jeffco.us/1896/Employment-Benefits
Required - Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Required - Knowledge and expertise in the application of project management methodologies.
Required - Ability to develop close alliances with individual project managers to actively identify and communicate project risks, assumptions, issues, and decisions in a proactive manner.
Required - Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field (Information Technology, Computer and Information Science or related field.
- Oversee small to medium IT projects of significant magnitude in terms of complexity, cost, time-constraints, internal and external staffing, and equipment including software and hardware. Determine project approach, time frame, funding limitations, feasibility, project staffing levels, and assignment of resources to project tasks. Determine when a project has reached a major obstacle and needs to be stopped.
- Provide direction to a project team including assignments of individual responsibilities, tasks and technical functions. Establish baseline for the project. Assign and reassign resources to maintain schedule and cost.
- Manage relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders throughout the project.
- Prepare documentation for projects and requests, including project charters, project schedules, grant charts, risk plans, communication plans, project plans, statements of work, requests for proposals and other documentation required for effective business analysis and project management. Prepare project reports for management, client and other stakeholders.
- Confer with project personnel to seek and/or provide technical advice, and to assist in problem resolution.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
A combination of education and proven experience as described below may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
Required – 1 year project management experience that includes a combination of the following:
Managing IT projects through their entire life cycle, including successful completion and closeout.
Strong knowledge of the PMI or equivalent project management methodology
Managing multiple concurrent projects.
Client and vendor management.
Risk Management and Issues Resolution.
Ability to manage scope, time and resources using standard commercially available tools.
Preferred - PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Preferred - ITIL Foundations v3 or v4 Certification
Preferred - Experience with government organizations.
Preferred - Experience managing information technology projects that produce enterprise class products and services.
Preferred - Experience managing IT construction, renovation, and upgrade projects.
Preferred - Knowledge of and/or formal training in information and communications technology services or applications.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Link to Apply