The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (LVCCLD)
is currently hiring for a MultiServices Librarian
. Serving approximately 2 million people from over 2 dozen branches throughout southern Nevada, LVCCLD is committed to nurturing social, economic, and educational well-being as we build and inspire communities of people to come together and pursue their individual and group aspirations. This position will have the exciting opportunity and responsibility of traveling to branches throughout the District to provide coverage as needed.
The application deadline for this position is 9:00 pm on March 16, 2023. Those interested in applying for this position should submit an official application prior to the application deadline at thelibrarydistrict.org/job-openings.
DESCRIPTION OF HOURS AND WAGES:
This is a full-time position (40-hours per week). The salary range is $54,825 to $87,720 per year.
*Note: A Relocation Reimbursement of up to $2,500.00 is available to assist with relocation of greater than 100 miles.*
The MultiServices Librarian is responsible for a variety of professional public service work in support of Adult Services and YPL/Children’s Services throughout the Library District. This position will have the exciting opportunity and responsibility of traveling to branches throughout the District to provide coverage as needed.
Essential and marginal functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Provides adult and children’s reference, reader services, and other services to children, young adult, and/or adult patrons and Library District staff by searching files, reference shelves, and automated library systems to locate requested information or materials.
2. Assists children, young adult, and adult patrons in the use of all collections and other library materials using the Library of Congress Classifications and also assists in the use of automated library systems, various indexes, and non-book materials.
3. Maintains knowledge of adult reference, reader services, the circulating collection, and YPL/Children’s services.
4. Assists the Department Head with collection development activities such as book ordering and weeding.
5. Assists with the maintenance of the collections.
6. Maintains compliance with Library District, Branch, and Department policies and procedures and explains policies and procedures to patrons and staff.
7. Exercises decision making skills.
8. Interacts extensively over the telephone, in person, and via e-mail with patrons, district-wide staff and management, outside agencies, and other libraries.
9. Provides information about district-wide activities, facilities, and services.
10. Assists with the planning, organizing, and implementing of special programs and exhibits for the promotion of reading and to encourage greater patronage of the Library District.
11. Performs shelf checks to ensure continuing physical maintenance and proper location of books, periodicals, and other library materials relevant to the assigned department.
12. Ensures the calendar of programs, activities, and events for the YPL/Children’s Services Department is updated when assigned to a YPL/Children’s Services Department.
13. Prepares and conducts story hours and programs for children up to 18 years of age when assigned to a YPL/Children’s Services Department.
14. Prepares and conducts programs for adults relating to children’s services when assigned to a YPL/Children’s Services Department.
15. Confers with teachers, parents, and community groups to assist in planning, organizing, and implementing special programs and exhibits to encourage and improve children’s and young adult’s communication skills, to promote reading, and to encourage greater patronage of the Library District when assigned to a YPL/Children’s Services Department.
16. Conducts tours of the YPL/Children’s Services Department for teachers, students, schools, day care centers, and other interested groups when assigned to a YPL/Children’s Services Department.
17. Decorates the YPL/Children’s Services Department with appropriate accessories for the seasons, holidays, and other events when assigned to a YPL/Children’s Services Department.
18. Utilizes personal computers, automated library systems, the Internet, and on-line tools and resources.
19. Operates library and office equipment including, but not limited to: copy machine, telephone, and facsimile machine.
20. Attends miscellaneous meetings and training sessions at meeting sites throughout the district.
21. Maintains a safe environment for both staff and patrons.
22. Assembles and arranges displays of books and other library materials.
23. Maintains and files records and reports appropriately to the assigned department.