The Dayton Metro Library is recruiting a full-time Cataloging Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Technical Services Director and work at the Operations Center (one block south of the Main Library). The Cataloging Manager oversees all original cataloging as well as copy cataloging. They are responsible for the integrity of the data that is entered into the integrated library system so that patrons can easily search for and find the materials they need. If you are detail-oriented and would enjoy leading a team of dedicated staff, apply today!
DML is committed to cultivating inclusive environments and a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. As such, we encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) to apply, in addition to members from other marginalized groups.
Additional consideration may be given to individuals that are fluent or proficient in any non-English languages used in Montgomery County including Spanish, Mandarin, French, Korean, Vietnamese, Hindi, Urdu, Russian, Tagalog, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Turkish, Swahili, and American Sign Language (ASL).
Essential Job Duties
- Establishes goals and objectives for Cataloging which support the Library’s mission.
- Directly supervises, trains, and schedules employees in assigned department. Serves as liaison between administration and staff.
- Works with affiliate libraries for cataloging of affiliate library material.
- Create profiles and works with vendors to outsource selected cataloging tasks.
- Supervises and performs cataloging and classification of materials.
- Promotes database quality control by locating or creating the necessary authority records
- Assists in keeping the Library of Congress (LC) subject headings and Library of Congress genre headings (LCGFT) current in the on-line catalog.
- Oversees special cataloging or database clean-up projects.
- Prepares and monitors division budget.
- Implements Library policies and procedures at the division level. Participates in policy revision and in the formulation of policies and procedures. Interprets Library policies to staff and patrons with a patron-responsive management perspective.
- Assists with system-wide decision making through consistent information sharing, regular attendance at manager’s meetings and service on committees.
||Dayton Metro Library
|Posting Start Date:
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science is preferred, or its equivalent in education and experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of professional cataloging rules, principles, methods, techniques and procedures is required.
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal classifications, OCLC cataloging system, and ANSCR, DDC and LC subject headings required.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with the public and the staff. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret cataloging records and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence clearly and informatively.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, patrons, and members of the community.
- Ability to plan, schedule and oversee division operations and personnel. Ability to prepare and administer budgets.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is negotiable starting at $60,676 annually. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance along with paid time off and OPERS retirement.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
The Dayton Metro Library is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
||This listing expires on: 5/6/2023