Digital Content Librarian
Sno-Isle Libraries serves over 800,000 residents in beautiful Snohomish and Island counties through 23 community-based libraries, online services, and Library on Wheels. Our communities are diverse in culture, language, and geographic location, from Seattle commuter suburbs to rural mountain towns. The Digital Content Librarian is responsible for overseeing content curation for the website and ensuring that content is accurate, reflects the priorities of the organization, and centers equity and diversity in the digital representation of the library. The position collaborates with library staff to create website content and services that anticipate and respond to customer trends and community needs. The Digital Content Librarian contributes to the Library’s effective operation by providing library services that are representative of diverse cultures and perspectives, intentionally inclusive, and accessible to everyone.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with data analysis, have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and familiarity with content management systems. UX/UI experience and the ability to read in multiple languages preferred.
We Value Lived Experience
Sno-Isle Libraries is committed to embedding equity into our organization. As we engage in equity work, it's important to have a good foundation to frame the work and then provide training opportunities to build skills and knowledge.
We value and embrace the unique experiences our staff members bring to the organization and recognize how their experiences improve the service we provide.
As a valued member of Sno-Isle Libraries, the person selected for this position is eligible for sick leave, vacation leave, paid holidays, comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement savings, life insurance, and flexible healthcare and day care spending accounts. For more information about these benefits, visit our Employment FAQs webpage.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Edit and create content which promotes and which leads to increased use of library materials, resources, services, and events.
- Work with content creators to develop web content that forwards the library brand, as well as promotes services, resources, and events; and meets the needs of a diverse community with varied interests.
- Collaboratively work on and curate content with staff across the organization.
- Curate use of taxonomies and hierarchical structures with web content to promote organizational priorities; maintain awareness of user behavior and interests when determining web content; strategically utilize Content Management System (CMS) content creation to market and promote library materials and services.
- Provide effective feedback to content creation staff. This includes such actions as editing content and coaching staff.
- Analyze website traffic to evaluate customer behavior and effectiveness of content to influence future content strategy.
- In collaboration with Digital Experience Team members, create and implement training for website content creation.
- Provide excellent direct customer service throughout the Library District, in person, over the phone, and through virtual reference services.
- Prioritize and coordinate the implementation of new services, programs, and initiatives on the library’s website and other digital platforms.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community contacts and vendors. Establish and maintain relationships with staff in all community libraries.
- Contribute insights and recommendations to team discussions on digital content best practices to ensure optimization in delivery.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve on interdepartmental teams or cross-functional groups as a member of the digital experience team.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Participate in ongoing professional development through training, conferences, reading and collaboration with others.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the fields of marketing, libraries, and content management systems.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position reports to the Digital Experience Manager. Supervision of the work of others is not a normal part of the work of these positions, but incumbents may from time to time assist in the training of other staff in library-related work.
Digital Content Librarian
||$6,146.40 - $8,482.93 monthly
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 5/13/2023