The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District
is currently hiring for an Office Assistant
in the Programs & Venues department. the application deadline for this position is 9:00 pm on March 24, 2023. Those interested in applying should submit their application prior to this deadline at thelibrarydistrict.org/job-openings
DESCRIPTION OF HOURS AND WAGES:
This is a part-time position (19-hours per week). The hourly range is $18.67 to $29.88 per hour.
DEFINITION: This position performs a variety of clerical tasks in support of the assigned department.
Essential and marginal functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Generates correspondence, memos, and other relevant materials appropriate to assigned department.
2. Performs receptionist duties for assigned department and other departments, ascertaining the nature of the call and personally assisting the caller or directing the caller to the appropriate department or individual.
3. Performs a variety of essential and complex record keeping duties.
4. Maintains or assists with the maintenance of the departments filing system.
5. Interacts extensively in person and over the telephone with district-wide staff and management, outside agencies, vendors, and the general public.
6. Performs data entry in the maintenance of department records.
7. Assists or performs various processing tasks required of the department.
8. Provides administrative information pertaining to the assigned department.
9. Operates office equipment, including, but not limited to: typewriter, adding machine, copy machine, telephone, facsimile machine, and postage machine.
10. Utilizes personal computer and e-mail.
11. Operates Library District vehicles.