Essential and marginal functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Supports the overall mission of the Library District by providing exceptional internal and external customer service to promote a positive library experience.
2. Disseminates information to prospective students, tutors, and instructors seeking literacy or workforce development program offerings by following department and Library District established procedures. Services offered may include but are not limited to English Language Learning (ELL), Adult Basic Education (ABE), computer assisted classes, career readiness skills, Career Online High School (COHS), math proficiency, and workforce development.
3. Recruits and enrolls students and volunteers in to Literacy Services programs. Distributes Literacy Services program information throughout the community.
4. Facilitates student access to online registration and other online learning resources. Coordinates meetings/interviews to conduct pre-testing and post-testing assessments for students and instructors, assists students with enrollment, and provides follow-up communication to students and instructors. Interacts with students, tutors, and instructors both over the telephone and in writing.
5. Maintains up-to-date student contact information, evaluations, and other required paperwork.
6. Assists students and instructors in the use of department computers, software programs, and print material.
7. Utilizes a personal department computer to manage student attendance, records, and assessments using Literacy Services software applications and databases.
8. Plans, prepares, and executes community events to promote the Library District.
9. Builds and sustains relationships with Library District community partners.
10. Participates and contributes as an active member of a working team to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Literacy Services department.
11. Performs any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.