Librarian - K12 Librarian
Reporting to the Director of Experiential Learning the K12 Librarian provides experiential learning opportunities, through ideation, experimentation, and creation in both formal and informal settings, that positively impacts the academic and professional success and retention of current and future UTA students. Additionally, this position will serve as liaison librarian to one or more departments on campus. The library has various locations across campus. This is a non-tenure track position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a working, interactive, and dynamic relationship with faculty, students, and staff in assigned disciplines and programs.
- Collaborates with external K12 partners and those from across campus to develop experiential learning curricula and programming (both formal and informal) that positively impact the academic and professional success of current and future students through ideation, experimentation, and creation. This includes providing instructional opportunities related to maker, digital, and information literacy.
- Supervises peer educators and GRAs and develops pedagogical approaches that utilize these students to increase the capacity for and effectiveness of grant-funded programming targeting future UTA students.
- Develops and maintains online teaching materials and guides and participates in digital learning initiatives.
- Extends services through office hours and social media.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Librarian - K12 Librarian
||University of Texas at Arlington
||($50,000 - $60,000) DOE
|Posting Start Date:
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited program or a related graduate degree.
- Experience teaching, training, and/or presenting.
- Experience with diverse K12 student populations.
- Knowledge of experiential learning theory and practice, various teaching methodologies, and research related to pedagogy.
- Ability to complete all physical tasks as needed.
- Experience developing experiential learning curricula and programs.
- Experience with liaison responsibilities to those engaged with education focused scholarship and teaching.
- Experience with current and emerging technologies and their application in academic libraries, including creative technologies and digital technologies.
- Supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Project planning and management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to lead, cultivate, and empower staff.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations.
- Ability to follow through on projects.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Collaboration and coordination skills.
- Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment, with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/22890
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
||This listing expires on: 6/26/2023