Branch Manager - Spring Valley Library
The award-winning Las Vegas-Clark County Library District
is currently hiring for a Branch Manager
to lead the Spring Valley Library
. The application deadline for this position is 9:00 p.m. on Monday, May 29, 2023; those interested in applying for this position should submit an application prior to that deadline at thelibrarydistrict.org/job-openings
**We anticipate interviewing for this position on Tuesday, June 13, 2023.**
DESCRIPTION OF HOURS AND WAGES:
This is a full-time position (40-hours). The salary range is $87,760 to $140,417 per year.
Under the administrative supervision of the Regional Manager, the Branch Manager provides operational and administrative Leadership to a designated district branch. Supervises and manages branch service delivery and directly/indirectly supervises branch staff. Responsible for fostering positive relationships within the community and providing oversight to branch projects, programs, and committees. Fosters and maintains a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of a designated Library Branch:
- Plans short-term (annual to daily) operational goals for assigned Branch;
- Organizes assigned branch, departments, and employees to achieve established goals;
- Staffs assigned branch and departments within budgetary guidelines to meet service demand and requisite skill needs;
- Directs and motivates assigned staff to achieve established goals;
- Coordinates with other branches and other Library departments to meet established Branch & District Goals;
- Develops, maintains, and monitors key Branch reporting metrics to achieve and control desired quality outcomes;
- Develops, maintains and monitors annual Branch Budget to achieve established goals and utilize District resources in an efficient and effective manner.
2. Provides administrative supervision to assigned managers and staff including but not limited to:
- Performance Coaching & Management;
- Career Counseling & Development;
- Conflict Resolution.
3. Oversees Branch projects, programs, vendors, and committees to support and achieve Branch initiatives and goals.
4. Develops relationships and communicates with the local community to establish outreach programs to support community and District goals.
5. Ensures Branch compliance with all federal, state and local laws, regulations, codes, best practices, and District Policies and Procedures.
6. Stays abreast of current and future trends in Library Administration/Science and Public Administration and makes recommendations regarding future Branch and District Strategies and Planning.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.