Instruction and Research Librarian (2 openings)
How to Apply:
UCCS will not accept any application that is not submitted through their career portal. To apply for this position, go to https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=29972&lang=en
Priority will be given to applications submitted by June 18, 2023
. However, this posting will remain open until filled.
About the Position:
The Kraemer Family Library at the University of Coloardo Colorado Springs (UCCS) is currently seeking applications for two vacant Instruction & Research Librarian positions. As a member of the Learning, Research, and Engagement Department, the Instruction & Research Librarian provides information literacy instruction and research assistance in various formats to the UCCS community. The following job duties are expected but not all-inclusive. This position may explore additional interests in developing, delivering, and promoting library services or be asked to take on other duties as assigned. This is a 12-month instructor faculty appointment that requires commitments in the areas of Teaching/Librarianship and Leadership and Service. Scholarly/Creative Work is not required. This is an instructor track appointment and is eligible for promotion.
Who We Are:
The Kraemer Family Library is the single academic library that serves the entire University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) campus. Library staff and faculty work in a collaborative environment that encourages and fosters innovation, community and professional growth.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 9,000 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. We have a strong focus in fueling student success by creating, using, and maintaining a multitude of different offices and programs. Overall, UCCS is constantly focused of preparing our students to have success in the future, and we understand that every single employee on our campus has a significant effect on that focus. Find more information about working at UCCS here: https://hr.uccs.edu/work-at-uccs.
The city, which was recently ranked as the number two Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report in 2022, known as Olympic City USA, rests at the base of Pikes Peak, the inspiration for the song “America the Beautiful” and a must-see for residents and visitors alike. With a mild climate and 247 days of sunshine each year, the Springs boasts some of the state’s best recreation opportunities. Find out more about living in Colorado Springs through the Visit Colorado Springs page: https://www.visitcos.com/.
What We Offer:
- Provide in person and/or online information literacy instruction in the First-Year Rhetoric and Writing Program, Gateway Program Seminar, and library workshops. This may include night and weekend classes.
- Provide general research assistance service in-person and through remote formats.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of online learning materials.
- Assist with assessment of library instruction and research assistance activities.
- Serve as a liaison to academic divisions or departments, providing collection development, library instruction, and research assistance.
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures, and goals for the Learning, Research, and Engagement department and the Kraemer Family Library.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the academic or campus community through library, campus, CU System, or professional service activities.
Salary Range: Generally starting at $47,000 - $50,000 per year
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers excellent benefits, some of which include:
- Medical insurance, with the lowest cost option being $0 to the employee
- Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Generous paid vacation and sick time accruals (14.67 hours of vacation and 10 hours of sick accrued per month)
- Mandatory retirement plans. Employees contribute 5% of their annual compensation. CU doubles that and contributes 10%
- Tuition Assistant Benefit available to you or a dependent
- Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of employment