Knowledge Services Coordinator
Research & Knowledge Services Manager
For nearly 50 years, Forefront’s mission has been to build a more vibrant and equitable social impact sector. It is one of the only regional associations in the US whose Membership includes Grantmakers, Operating Nonprofits, and their Advisors. Through active Membership engagement, Forefront provides opportunities for peer-to-peer learning, convening, education, policy engagement, leadership development, and solidarity among Members. We also provide access to our best-in-class Knowledge Center: one of the largest philanthropic collections in the Midwest offering unique services and resources to the social impact sector of Illinois.
General Job Description:
The Knowledge Services Coordinator will contribute as an active member of cross-organization teams and work collaboratively with other staff to advance internal and external research projects that advance Forefront’s mission and goals. They will provide efficient and useful services to Forefront Members and Forefront Library patrons, maximizing their ability to access and utilize current and relevant information. They are also responsible for promotion of library services to prospective users, collection development, and cataloging.
: Please send resume and cover letter to Sarah Rice, Research and Knowledge Services Manager, at email@example.com
Knowledge Services Coordinator
|Posting Start Date:
||Library Patron Services
• Provide direct services to library patrons, assisting them to identify, locate, and utilize library materials via scheduled reference appointments. Provide research assistance and reference services to Grantmaker, Operating Nonprofit, and Advisor Members, Forefront staff, and others in response to inquiries and requests for assistance. Suggest additional and relevant sources to patrons to provide materials that meet their particular need for information.
• Develop and make available signage, user guides, bibliographies, and other resources to facilitate effective and efficient use of the library by patrons. Schedule, promote, and conduct regularly scheduled orientations to the library and Forefront for new members and users.
• Help to ensure all Forefront Library programs, services, and activities demonstrate and uphold principles of racial and statewide equity.
In partnership with Research & Knowledge Services Manager:
• Manage aspects of library acquisitions including ordering, receiving, and accounting. Responsible for cataloging, serials, archiving, and managing the reference desk.
• Manage the library’s use of technology to maximize access to the library’s resources.
• Manage the organization, maintenance, and updating of the library facility and collection to provide adequate facilities and equipment for users and to ensure convenient and ready access to materials and information.
Cultivation and Stewardship
• Support strategic activity related to all member and donor retention and recruitment, including outreach and education.
• Coordinate scheduling, equipment, registration, catering, and room and technology set up for relevant Library events, meetings, and webinars as needed
• Orient new members to Forefront’s Library services and programs
• Ensure exceptional customer experience at all points of contact and effective customer relationship
management for all Forefront constituents
• Contribute to planning and execution of Library-related evaluation and prepare relevant reports
• Make effective use of Forefront systems to manage constituent records in Salesforce to ensure accuracy and support organizational reporting on accomplishments. Collect, compile, interpret, and report library usage data.
• Recommend improvements in procedures and practices to maximize the efficient and effective use of the library. Partner cross-functionally with Forefront staff to create more efficient organizational processes and taxonomies, resulting in more effective workflows.
• Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Forefront’s mission, vision, and values.
• At least 2 years work experience in library services. Experience in special libraries and/or knowledge of operating nonprofits and grantmaking institutions is a plus.
• Demonstrated commitment to, knowledge of, and/or lived experience with racial equity and anti-racism.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to manage library cataloging systems.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse patrons.
• Strong analytical, research, organization, writing and presentation skills. A sample will be requested.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, prioritize work, maintain deadlines, and ensure quality of work.
• Strong commitment to the well-being of rural and non-metro communities.
Location: Must be based in Illinois. Once public health conditions permit, regular travel to Chicago may be required if candidate is based outside of the Chicago Metro area.
Special Conditions: Position is fully remote until public health conditions allow for safe return to in-office work.
Periodic evening work; regular in-person engagements when public health conditions allow.
Position Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Forefront is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Benefits: 403(b) with employer match; generous paid time off policy; paid parental leave; professional development assistance; employer contributions to dental, health, and vision insurance; employer provided disability and life insurance; flexible spending account.
||This listing expires on: 9/27/2022