Sonoma County Library
Announces an Employment Opportunity
BRANCH MANAGER- CLOVERDALE REGIONAL LIBRARY
40 HOURS PER WEEK – FULL TIME
Please see the attached job specifications for full details about this position for the Cloverdale Regional Library.
Under the general supervision of the Public Services Division Manager, the Branch Manager provides excellent customer service, directs the day-to-day operations and activities of a regional branch library; evaluates the effectiveness of programs and services; develops related goals and objectives; supervises and coordinates staff and activities; provides professional library services including reference, readers’ advisory, collection development, and cataloging; and performs related duties as required. Spanish Bilingual skills are desired.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of a branch library including staff, materials, and facilities
- Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates professional and support staff
- Oversees or participates in the recruitment, training and scheduling of volunteers
- Directs and coordinates activities of a branch library in conjunction with system policies and regulations
- Makes budget recommendations and monitors the branch library budget
- Participates in promotional and public relations tasks, such as creating interest in library services, and creating and implementing strategies for improving awareness of library services
Education and Experience: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of experience as a professional librarian, including two (2) years at a lead, supervisory, or managerial level. Spanish Bilingual skills are desired.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver License.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Principles and practices of library policies, program planning and implementation, systems development, and library operational trends and practices
- Principles, practices, procedures, techniques, and materials of professional library work, including library reference, collection development, and other professional library services
- Principles of supervision and training, including work planning, assignment, performance review, discipline, and the training of staff in work procedures
- Current and new technologies and electronic resources related to library services
- Sound budgetary practices and development, monitoring, and implementation of a program budget
- Assist in developing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards, and to oversee and coordinate library collection development and management activities
- Supervise, train, motivate, and evaluate staff
- Identify the needs of the public and develop, implement, and manage assigned programs, service areas, policies, procedures, and/or material collections
- Work closely and effectively with public officials, community groups, staff, volunteers, Library Advisory Boards, Friends of the Library, and the general public
- Use computer and other technology, including software, hardware, and the Internet sufficient to be able to assist customers, conduct research, prepare reports, and use email and other communications technologies
SALARY RANGES: $42.77/hour to $53.41/hour
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 p.m., Friday, December 3, 2021
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library
to apply. Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application.
The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
Employment offers will be contingent upon a successful pre-employment verification/criminal records clearance. Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Sonoma County Library has adopted a vaccination and testing policy to help mitigate transmission of COVID-19. All Sonoma County Library employees will be required to either have documented proof of full COVID-19 vaccination on file or consent to weekly COVID-19 testing.
RECRUITING PROTOCOL IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS COVID-19:
Pursuant to California Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020, and all applicable COVID 19 Shelter in Place Orders issued by the Sonoma County Health Officer, the recruiting process including interviews, testing, etc. will be held via teleconference or online, if possible, unless changes occur in the state and/or county health order.
REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION: Sonoma County Library will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (707) 545-0831 extension 1591 as soon as possible to make arrangements for your accommodation. Requesting accommodations at least 3 working/business days before the scheduled event will help to ensure availability. For further information regarding disability accommodations provided by the Library and related matters, see the Library’s website at https://sonomalibrary.org/accessibility.
Sonoma County Library values diversity, empowerment, community, unity, kindness, connection, and equity. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the recruiting and hiring of staff.
**************APPLY AT: https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library/job-20182965